Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of this Crap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Plenty of them, I saw a guy join the local desktop support team last year who maintained he had his full mcse and CCNA, yet didn't understand how to remote desktop on to a server to check if the backup jobs had completed in arcserve ...

It happens, but in today's environment employer's don't always look for the smartest guy/girl to employ, it usually comes down to there ability to learn, listen and in general have cop on when doing the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

People like this get caught out in the end, I mean to say you learn off all the answers you get a job(some how) and then are asked to bring up an interface, set up something or troubleshoot and the person wont have a clue and will have to go learn, so better off studing and getting it right first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

I've got an MCP, and to be honest, it gave me the chance for a better job, however realistically it's worth nothing unless I'm using it. However where I see this certification being a problem is where certain companies are Gold Partners etc afaik they need to have a certain number of 'certified' engineers. So rather than looking for someone with experience they look for a certified engineer first to hold onto the companies badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Eh... Ted, he's asking about configuring Cisco and Sonicwall equipment in an MCSE forum. Where are any signs of the braindumping you're talking about?

His a network admin, working with cisco gear that can not config it,must have been interesting interview, he says no one in the admin team can, and the guy is posting in a brain dump forum how you think he got his certs.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Barrypr wrote: »
    His a network admin, working with cisco gear that can not config it,must have been interesting interview, he says no one in the admin team can, and the guy is posting in a brain dump forum how you think he got his certs.....

That and the fact that site is FULL of braindumps.

I mean, even if you were a complete idiot you'd figure something out somehow. He doesn't even know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Just out of school maybe? Learned ECDL and went to office where they are all clueless and he/she is considered expert?
    its my first work experience

Maybe he is in transition year!!??

Just out of school maybe? Learned ECDL and went to office where they are all clueless and he/she is considered expert?

Maybe he is in transition year!!??

Well, making an educated guess based on the chances of working with Cisco / networking equipment after ECDL I would think not.

Of course thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

iRock wrote: »
    Well, making an educated guess based on the chances of working with Cisco / networking equipment after ECDL I would think not.

Of course thats just my opinion.

Doesn't sound like he is gonna get much work done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

This sort of carry on has been taking place for years. I got caught out when I first started my own company 12 years ago. Hired a guy based on someone's recommendation and the fact he had just got his MCSE.

Turned out the guy had never even seen the inside of a computer before. Live and learn. They all get caught out eventually.

how you think he got his certs.....

Where does he say he has any certs?

I am new administrator of a Network

He must have education to have gotten the job, as he goes onto say
    its my first work experience

You dont just walk into a network admin position.

Anyway this guy isnt worth talking about anymore, he is a member of a brain dump forum, says it all.

You dont just walk into a network admin position.

Not true. You evidently haven't had the misfortune of dealing with government IT departments!

I do infact my brother works in dep of an taoiseach, IT dep, I see what you mean about walking into the job or being moved there but they are support roles and a lot of the work is out sourced.

Advertisement