Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading the Bible .. going to Israel soon..

• 04-02-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im off to Israel for a week soon, have been reading the Bible -- I actually really like it .. even though im not religious ...

Any recomendations for Israel ? particularly in Jerusalem , we are bringing my Dad for his 60th .. he is quite religious ..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

jackdaw wrote: »
    Hi
    Im off to Israel for a week soon, have been reading the Bible -- I actually really like it .. even though im not religious ...

Any recomendations for Israel ? particularly in Jerusalem , we are bringing my Dad for his 60th .. he is quite religious ..

thanks

I bet that will be fun! PDN would probably be able to recommend places of interest, but I think he's out of the country at the mo. PM him and hopefully he'll pull out a suggestion or two from the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

"Dad" is blessed in his son... have a wonderful time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Well ... I'm sure there will be some debates when we are there ...

I will have my copy of The God Delusion !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I believe that it's a fairly high proportion of Atheists in Israel. Dawkins is old hat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I presume you'll be going to the usual well known places? Are you looking for extra tips or an entire itinerary? I would definitely recommend Hezekiahs tunnel to whoever is well enough to do that. It is a tunnel that was built to bring water into Jerusalem. It starts at the gihon spring and finishes at the pool of siloam. You can walk the whole through it but its quite narrow so might not be suitable for anyone with claustrophobia!

Straight up from gethsemene is the tear drop church, a small church built to commemorate Jesus crying over Jerusalem. If you can find it-the popes or peoples garden is a lovely spot overlooking jerusalem. Its a small garden at the top of the mount of olives overlooking the city, but its not well known at all. The only way i can think of to describe how to get there is if you find the mount of olives hotel
    on the mount of olives ;)
    there is a small street opposite it, go down there and take a left down a steep road and it will be on your left not too far down. Hope some of that helps. If you give me a better idea of what you're planning to do and what you're looking for i'll try give you more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement