Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorpion help

Options
  • 04-02-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about emperor scorpions, I have a baby one here and he/she has gone off their food. I`m feeding small crickets with a tongs and have tried leaving some in the container with the scorpion. It`s almost 2 weeks now with no food so i`m starting to get a little worried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

maldondo wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about emperor scorpions, I have a baby one here and he/she has gone off their food. I`m feeding small crickets with a tongs and have tried leaving some in the container with the scorpion. It`s almost 2 weeks now with no food so i`m starting to get a little worried.

i would'nt worry to much yet!scorpions can go off their food for weeks or even months sometimes before a moult. so as its only a baby i would say its just getting ready for a moult. you'll need to make sure the humidity is high enough because if its not it wont be able to get out of the old skin and could die!it'll be very delicate afterwards so leave it alone and dont interupt during a moult because they can get stressed! they have pretty much the same care as tarantulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

Thanks, I`ll just sit tight then. I was wondering if maybe the temp wasn`t right for him as i was told not to get a heat lamp because it could make his enviroment to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

yeah dont use a lamp!a heat mat on one of the sides of the tank would be perfect.sometimes they are used on the bottom but i think for burrowing species the side is better?but either way will do!a shallow water bowl and a daily misting with water will keep the humidity up for it.

Advertisement