Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MP3 Player in Galway! Where's Best?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Where is the cheapest place in Galway city to buy an MP3 playa - in particular a creative zen X fi 16gb! I don't want to buy online but I want to get a good deal so just wondering where the place in Galway to look would be! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would think Argos. Did you check with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 gabriella

Eeeek was just about to type besides Argos - tried there but looking for better deal! Thanks anyways though!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would guess Currys or Maplins - both have online stores where you can look before going into the shop, note that all products might not be displayed online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

gabriella wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place in Galway city to buy an ipod - in particular a creative zen X fi 16gb! I don't want to buy online but I want to get a good deal so just wondering where the place in Galway to look would be! Thanks :)

A creative zen is not an ipod ;)

Why not buy online? Far cheaper than any electronics store in Ireland. Delivered in at most 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Besides buying online I found smyths cheapest when i had to buy an ipod recently. Would have got it online but it was a last minute b'day present!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/ and pick yourself up COWAN S9 ...best mp3/media player on the market :D

Not buying online at all so whatever suggestions should be located in galway! thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

xtravision maybe?

Would you be against buying second hand? Adverts.ie have some good deals on there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Online is far cheaper. Also is X-fi really worth the extra money on top of the price of the Zen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

D.I.D. Electrical ... bought a Zen there recently.

cooperguy wrote: »
    Online is far cheaper. Also is X-fi really worth the extra money on top of the price of the Zen?

Not sure?! Do you think the Creative Zen on it's own is better value? :o I'm clueless?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Theres a closing down?? sale in Toy City and I'm pretty sure they sell Mp3 players upstairs. theres also an electrical shop accross the road(beside Eye cinema) that have a small selection of players and are open to a bit of negotiation on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

gabriella wrote: »
    Not sure?! Do you think the Creative Zen on it's own is better value? :o I'm clueless?!
    Much better value. I was looking at buying them a few months back. The main differences between the 2 are the X-Fi sound enhancement and WiFi. The X-Fi is poor in it and drains the battery seemingly and the WiFi only supports some sort of messenger service and a few other equally pointless bits that you probably wont use.

I bought the Zen 32GB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Theres a closing down?? sale in Toy City and I'm pretty sure they sell Mp3 players upstairs. theres also an electrical shop accross the road(beside Eye cinema) that have a small selection of players and are open to a bit of negotiation on price.

They are the worst prices I've seen in my entire life. They have 128mb MP3 players for 30 euro. They have 1GB Video players that Zhivago sell for 28 euro for 100 euro. Avoid. Even in their 50% off sale most of their electronics stock is STILL overpriced.

Advertisement