Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile business

• 04-02-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

If a person wanted to sell stuff from a van or lorry (like fruit or veg),do they need a licence or permit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I think thats up to the local council. As you probably know the by laws differ from area to area. Im pretty sure that in my area street trading which I guess may concern you would need a permit. One quick call to your council will let you know. Also it may be no harm to get onto your local EHO (environmental health officer). They are the type of people if you call them they are great help but if they have to chase you they can have a different attitude.

Cover yourself and make those two calls, it'll stand to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

If a person wanted to sell stuff from a van or lorry (like fruit or veg),do they need a licence or permit?

basically u need a licence or a permit to do anything more complicated than taking a dump

selling food for human consumption will have its own set of procedures but it should be easy enough to get through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I understand the whole food thing .I just gave the fruit and veg thing as an example. I wouldnt dream of the food as its rife with rules and regulations. Its something aimed at women bit I cant tell you cos Im still working on it:D! I got the idea initially from when I holidayed in a mountain/valley region of europe. As I was sitting on a little balcony overlooking this beautiful peaceful valley one day, a huge horn/siren started to go off in the distance. People started to look out their windows and doors. As it got nearer more people appeared .Ithought it was a fire brigade or something! All the people started to head down the road so I went after them.Then this huge lorry came around the corner and stopped.......................................... the people were like flies around s...e:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

I understand the whole food thing .I just gave the fruit and veg thing as an example. I wouldnt dream of the food as its rife with rules and regulations. Its something aimed at women bit I cant tell you cos Im still working on it:D! I got the idea initially from when I holidayed in a mountain/valley region of europe. As I was sitting on a little balcony overlooking this beautiful peaceful valley one day, a huge horn/siren started to go off in the distance. People started to look out their windows and doors. As it got nearer more people appeared .Ithought it was a fire brigade or something! All the people started to head down the road so I went after them.Then this huge lorry came around the corner and stopped.......................................... the people were like flies around s...e:D

its obviously a traveling bakery

Everyone knows women cant resist that sweet baked goodness!

good idea though,we need that in EIRE-more fat women!

madmik wrote: »
    good idea though,we need that in EIRE-more fat women!

Nooooooo over 50% of people in this country are overweight. Get them curvy NOT FAT!

Don't forget OP, it works over there because these places are isolated (usually) and can be their only port of call for getting this item from the travelling vehicle! It may not work as well over here in a well developed country with multiple shops etc everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

madmik wrote: »
    its obviously a traveling bakery

That wasn't the first thing that came to my mind!
    Maybe my mind is a little warped ;-)
    Are batteries included?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

How do you persuade Brad Pitt into the back of a van?

Advertisement