Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shamanism

• 04-02-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to find out more about shamanism. But would like to speak to someone directly as opposed to googling it. :)

Anybody here who knows about it willing to speak to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hi ^_^

I've been to a few "new age" gatherings where a shaman has been present,and took part in a group meditation with one.
    Also,a close friend in school was very interested in shamanism and travelled in such circles.
    What exactly did you want to find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Me too.
    If I can answer your questions or share experinces or refer you on wards I am glad to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Another one who is interested here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I just wanted to know what your personal experiences with it are. What happened to you :)

Is an interest in natural spirits enough to push you to look further into shamanism or do I need to look elsewhere. I'm not sure I can explain myself properly. I feel like learning more about working with animal and nature guides and am not sure where to go. Shamanism seems to fit the bill, but I'm not sure.

^^^ me, indecisive? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I work with animal spirts and guides have had done soul retrival work both for myself and others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I just wanted to know what your personal experiences with it are. What happened to you :)

Is an interest in natural spirits enough to push you to look further into shamanism or do I need to look elsewhere. I'm not sure I can explain myself properly. I feel like learning more about working with animal and nature guides and am not sure where to go. Shamanism seems to fit the bill, but I'm not sure.

^^^ me, indecisive? :eek:

Theres usually a "new age" gathering around newbridge and kildare at this time of year,although i'd say you're two weeks late. There used to be one around Beltane also,but i don't know if thats still the case.
    They do workshops,sales stalls and group sessions of different stuff. Interesting to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Hiya,

Im a Shamanic Practitioner for the past two years and have been studying it for years, id be glad to answer any questions for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Makoiyi

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on Boards. IE and I stumbled across this post whilst looking for something else unrelated.

Anyway if it’s any help I've been walking a Shamanic path for the last 20 years and due to my heritage have been trained traditionally by my Elders and betters.

I know it’s my first post but if I'm allowed there is a link I'd like to post to a UK Shamanic forum that I'm a member of and may be of interest and help to anyone either following this path or just starting out on it.

This is NOT my forum before anyone thinks it is but it may help some people. Failing that you’re welcome to pm me, and I'll help if I can.

Admin if you feel this in inappropriate please feel free to remove this link, as anyone can pm for its details if they wish

The link is below
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Shamanic_Links/index/

Makoiyi

I was at a shamanic drumming circle last night, and it was interesting. A lot of things were being let go within the group through the drumming. Apparently what usually happens is all the drums sound like one drum, but this didn't happen last night - this was due to the clearing that was occurring.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I was at a shamanic drumming circle last night, and it was interesting. A lot of things were being let go within the group through the drumming. Apparently what usually happens is all the drums sound like one drum, but this didn't happen last night - this was due to the clearing that was occurring.
    I went to something similar once as well, it wasnt a long session, more a sample of it. Still, once the drumming got going, it was very hypnotic, and there was an underlying rhythm within the sound which seemed to rise and fall almost as a separate thing. A friend who has been to other shamanic drumming classes said that you actually begin to hear a separate 'melody' on top of the drumming when it really gets going well.

I too found it a very 'clearing' thing. And now youre making me want to look into it again. :)

• Advertisement

The one I went to started at 7.30, but in reality I guess it must have been about 8pm before we actually started, due to waiting for a couple of people to arrive etc - that is a guess as my phone was off (no watch). It went on till after 9.30pm, but didn't feel that long at all. The person who runs it, runs them every other week - the next one won't be till January, due to time of year etc. PM me if you want the details, or you can find the details via www.meetup.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hobo Sapiens

Shamanic wrote: »
    Hiya,

Im a Shamanic Practitioner for the past two years and have been studying it for years, id be glad to answer any questions for you

Not THAT glad, it seems!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

:confused:

I was at a Shaman talk last week, and found it inspirational. The name of the organisation of the people invited to talk at the group I am a member of are the people who run Sli an Chroi in Dublin - if you google the name you should be able to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 New Monastic

Try Dunderry House in Navan

Advertisement