Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton FA Cup Replay

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

My god an awful lot of liverpool fans on here are sore losers. If you didnt even know anything about soccer and just read this forum, you'd hate liverpool.
    Not just that, but the ones I Know do their own job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

My god an awful lot of liverpool fans on here are sore losers

True !!!!

Bitter Bitter club from top to bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    My god an awful lot of liverpool fans on here are sore losers

True !!!!

Bitter Bitter club from top to bottom

wat have Liverpool got to be bitter about?!

the vast majority of Liverpool fans have said "fair play" in regards to last night & the win for yous.

you should check out your own clubs reaction to defeats if you wanna know what bitter is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat have Liverpool got to be bitter about?!

the vast majority of Liverpool fans have said "fair play" in regards to last night & the win for yous.

And followed it up with things like "we didn't want to win it anyway", and "this is the highlight of your season"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

"we didn't want to win it anyway""

whoever said that is an idiot.
    and "this is the highlight of your season"

well, thats true.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well, thats true.

Only if they don't qualify for Europe, or don't get to the FA Cup final, both of which they can still do, so it is a patronising and bitter comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And yet again a Liverpool v other (but not Manchester United) thread gets derailed by Mancs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I would disagree that LFC fans are sore losers. I for one realise that you win some lose some. I wish Everton the best of luck in the competition going forward. Its bull**** to say that we didn't want to win it but the silver lining in this cloud is that Rafa and the boys can concentrate on the Premiership and Champions League :D

mike65 wrote: »
    And yet again a Liverpool v other (but not Manchester United) thread gets derailed by Mancs.

lol - derailed, what are you talking about?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Macker1 wrote: »
    I would disagree that LFC fans are sore losers. I for one realise that you win some lose some. I wish Everton the best of luck in the competition going forward. Its bull**** to say that we didn't want to win it but the silver lining in this cloud is that Rafa and the boys can concentrate on the Premiership and Champions League :D

Completely Agreed. I think in the long run it will be a good thing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Had to laugh at the socks on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

that video is really strange Mike.

Mine only cut off, went to the people drinking coffee, then back to the game. No tic-tacs, no car ad.

I was back in time to see the ball being played out for the cross before the goal.

NTL + dodge for me

Des wrote: »
    that video is really strange Mike.

Mine only cut off, went to the people drinking coffee, then back to the game. No tic-tacs, no car ad.

I was back in time to see the ball being played out for the cross before the goal.

NTL + dodge for me

i was watching it on Sky Digital, on ITV (tuned in) and I missed from the moment it cut out to gosling celebrating on the sideline with the Everton players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

i was watching it on Sky Digital, on ITV (tuned in) and I missed from the moment it cut out to gosling celebrating on the sideline with the Everton players.

This is where the problem is I believe.

ITV messed up by going to an ad.

UTV cut off the ad and returned to the game before the goal.

• Advertisement

I was flicking back and forth between ITV and Setanta and I must have been with the latter cos there was no disruption at all (aparently the picture starting breaking up for everyone on ITV in Britain even though some saw the goal itself).

ITV are a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Had to laugh at the socks on the pitch.

Why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Kirkby sock robbers, one way to wind up their derby rivals, Everton fans got the last laugh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

mike65 wrote: »

Ha I'm glad i watched it on Setanta!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

me too.

• Advertisement

For those who haven't seen the goal:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/watch-gosling-s-goal-free.html

The two fans celebrating are hillarious.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

ITV boss sorry over missed goal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7871844.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

The two fans celebrating are hillarious.....

in all fairness ud be the same with a camera stuck in your face celebrating a 117th minute goal against liverpool!

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    in all fairness ud be the same with a camera stuck in your face celebrating a 117th minute goal against liverpool!

True enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What's all this sh!t about Liverpool fans being sore losers??? First of all, losing isn't nice, so it's not going be all roses. But plenty of comments on here have said fair play to Everton and great finish for the goal.
    Go have a look at the Merseyside derby league thread and compare it to this.
    The fact is, we're disappointed. Hate getting knocked out, especially to the bitters. But honestly, i reckon most Liverpool supporters are over it. Trust me, i was more gutted with the last minute goal in the league game than i was last night.
    Bitterness? This thread has has had things like 'Everton's cup final', 'sure Villa will beat them and knock them out in the next round'.
    League thread was all about Liverpool being a joke, the laughing stock of the Premier League, Rafa is a clown, he's cracking up, you'll win nothing, won't even finish top four, Villa and Everton will finish above you's. blah blah blah. That's bitterness!
    You look at the sh!te that get's posted in threads involving Liverpool, especially when points are dropped or matches are lost and i reckon most Liverpool fans have behaved reasonable in this thread, considering!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

monkey9 wrote: »
    What's all this sh!t about Liverpool fans being sore losers???

i think mr alan has alot to answer on this:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And followed it up with things like "we didn't want to win it anyway", and "this is the highlight of your season"

i think maybe one fan said 'this is the highlight of your season'.

i don't think any, maybe one, said we didn't want to win it.

the vast majority have said fair play to everton. The vast majority have tried to keep things in perspective by saying we still have plenty to play for, rather than licking our wounds for days, while expressing extreme disappointment at the result.

there are always going to be one or two hysterical ones, you can't do anything about that. but please at least respect the bulk of fans who seem to have in fact been dignified in their analysis of the game, and make your comments based on that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool being a joke, the laughing stock of the Premier League, Rafa is a clown, he's cracking up, you'll win nothing, won't even finish top four, Villa and Everton will finish above you's. blah blah blah. That's FACT

FYP :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What have i missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ok, this thread has largely gotten away from discussion about the game and is instead mostly dealing with the overall situation Liverpool are finding themselves in for this season and other things which have little to do with the match itself. It has run it's course.

Can I just say congratulations to Everton for a very gritty display over the two legs. They may have rode their luck to some extent at Anfield - but they defended heroically and scraped it back to Goodison. And when Lucas went off last night they really pushed on and were actively trying to decide things before a shootout. The goal to win it was with the run of play, and thoroughly deserved. Must have been a great moment for Gosling. Best of luck to ye in the next round and with the rest of the competition / season.

From a Liverpool perspective, I am pleased with the effort and application of the players - particularly following the sending off. I think Lucas will learn from these last couple of weeks - and the reality is that our remaining schedule will be lighter due to the lack of FA Cup commitments. But saying that doesn't mean we didn't want to go through or that losing the game doesn't hurt - a quick look at the team put out by Benitez over the two legs and the application of the players last night proves that to be the case.

Everton were worthy winners on the night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement