Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton FA Cup Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Very negative game from both managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They should ask Rafa what he makes of the items being thrown on the pitch. Then again he'll probably blame it on Fergie.

Alonso has looked rather sloppy to me. If he's a better player than Michael Carrick then I'm a snowman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They should ask Rafa what he makes of the items being thrown on the pitch. Then again he'll probably blame it on Fergie.

Alonso has looked rather sloppy to me. If he's a better player than Michael Carrick then I'm a snowman.

because we all judge players over a solitary 60 minutes. Frosty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

liverpool are over them like a rash.
    everton have had 1 shot on target and it was barely a shot. more like a pass.

socks to bottles to coins..... knowing merseyside and the recent Ross Kemp on Gangs ive watched, expect grenades.

dont think its too much of a big deal atm, but of course ppl on this thread/forum will make a MASSIVE deal out of it

ok osman just hit the post. f**k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Unlucky Everton off the post !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i'll go for everton in the penalty shoot out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

PHB wrote: »
    Very negative game from both managers.

I think the problem with Liverpool is that Kuyt and Riera have been pretty poor. Benayoun has done well since he came on but he's not Gerrard. Pretty hard for the Liverpool attack to be that effective given that.

As for Everton given their injury situation it's not really a surprise that Everton havent been poor offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

This game is terrible. Liverpool look more like scoring, (barely). At the same time if Everton do score I imagine it'll stay 1-0. I predict penalties.

And then Osman smashes the post. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

very bad miss

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Lol I'm gonna put it plain and simple, piss off, No liverpool fan should bother debating this. It's your opinion and thats fine but it absolutely does not belong here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why do I even bother watching Liverpool play anymore? They're so friggin' boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

A-Trak wrote: »
    Yup same footage I'd assume.

The same footage that the ref had to remove a bottle from the pitch and Beglin commented on a coin being flung onto the pitch.

But you might be watching different footage.

beglin said that and it was a sock he was talking about - he's just not the smartest, also it looked like a sock the ref kicked off the pitch. commentators will say anything to stir up controversy!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,594 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jeez, every second post now is just a troll, dunno why I thought the thread would actually be a match discussion after the last fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Seriously tis time for Kuyt to come off he's been shockingly poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

copacetic wrote: »
    not to dampen the hysteria and it is stupid, but you do mean one empty plastic bottle? and what coins?

I never claimed it as an outrage - was just commenting on the class of the fans is all.

Beglin claimed to have seen the coin and we can hardly call him impartial now can we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Coins and bottles from the Liverpool section? Thats showing class alright.

Wibble! Nurse the screens! THE SCREENS!

mayordenis wrote: »
    Lol I'm gonna put it plain and simple, piss off, No liverpool fan should bother debating this. It's your opinion and thats fine but it absolutely does not belong here.

Er, how so? I commented on a player in the match and compared him to one he's frequently compared to.

Also I don't appreciate being told to piss off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Lucas sent off lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Lucas off.

Everton to win in 90 from here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

super.

gods sake lucas. really is a questionable footballer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Whats the deal with the socks?! :confused:

And they call old firm fans strange.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

lucas off FTW!!!

love it

Just plain old stupid from Lucas, just stupid. Gona be tough now for Liverpool to get through this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Er, how so? I commented on a player in the match and compared him to one he's frequently compared to.

Also I don't appreciate being told to piss off. :rolleyes:

Look it isn't relevant and you know it ****in isn't, I don't care if you don't appreciate, it's still what you should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ, thats sucks considering the tameness of both yellows (especially the first).

I've been banging on about this all season but a player should only be sent off for something serious, not 1 nothing foul and 1 mediocre late one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

turning into a dirty game now

I see a sending off tonight

good call headshot

on the ball as usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

lucas has the brains of a rocking horse

I never claimed it as an outrage - was just commenting on the class of the fans is all.

Beglin claimed to have seen the coin and we can hardly call him impartial now can we?

no he didn't, he said they had heard a steward may have been hit by a coin, which may have come from the liverpool section.

You clearly tried to imply there were coins and glass bottles raining down everywhere for some kind of sad kicks or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PEionaar should have been gone earlier tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its socks been thrown on the pitch, people for Kirby are describered as Sock robbers just another way Liverpool fans are rubbing it up Everton along with the Cities all ours chant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a stupid tackle from Lucas when already on a yellow

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ShaneU wrote: »
    Why do I even bother watching Liverpool play anymore? They're so friggin' boring

Ya, but aren't Everton exciting....

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    christ, thats a bit of a crap decision considering the tameness of both yellows (especially the first).

I've been banging on about this all season but a player should only be sent off for something serious, not 1 nothing foul and 1 mediocre late one.

Ah excellent idea, then we can all assign a player on each team who's job it is to destroy the game by giving away "nothing" and "mediocre" fouls all day long!
    Yipee!

Sarcasm over, i actually understand what you are saying, the card system is poorly used by referee's the world over, but much of it is down to interpretation of FIFA's bloody stupid directives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Eirebear wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the socks?! :confused:

And they call old firm fans strange.....:P

dunno, but if i was playing and fans threw socks on i'd hardly quaking in my boots:)

christ, thats sucks considering the tameness of both yellows (especially the first).

yep, didn't even touch him for first yellow and that second one was soft too. Still silly though. He is probably in trying to make sense of the decisions while nursing the injuries from Piennars too hacks on him, both of which were much worse than either of his tackles...

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Look it isn't relevant and you know it ****in isn't, I don't care if you don't appreciate, it's still what you should do.

I meant no harm. I just recall from the draft thread and some other threas there was a good bit of discussion on the two. I'll say no more on it.

This is the best chance Everton are gonna have to do one on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lucas is an arsebag, what the **** is he doing gettign himself sent off for a stupid challenge like that in that area of the pitch.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

This is the second time im mentioning my post from about three weeks ago now saying how I really dislike lucas because all he seems to do is give away the ball or give away fouls.

Of course I was told that i was being ridiculous....:cool:

He is not good enough for liverpool.

He directly stopped a counter attack. It's a definate yellow. If that's not a yellow, people would literally foul people every time there's a break. Negative teams could easily stop any form of attack on them with deliberate fouls like that. It should be a yellow no matter what situation is.

It was just a stupid tackle from Lucas, and the tameness of it was evidenced of the fact that it was a dileberate attempt to stop play.

I mean yeah from Lucas point of view, he was on a yellow, whether it was deserved or not, so was a stupid foul to concede. Just in a broader sense, when you look at the 2 challenges, it looks nuts for a guy to be sent off for them. No malice, no danger, nothing where a guy should be put off the pitch.

Eirebear; I know what you mean, but a quiet word to the player that if he keeps doing those challenges he'll get a card for constant fouling, and we'd be sorted. Instead of giving a straight yellow for pretty little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

rodders should have scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

joe123 wrote: »
    This is the second time im mentioning my post from about three weeks ago now saying how I really dislike lucas because all he seems to do is give away the ball or give away fouls.

Of course I was told that i was being ridiculous....:cool:

He is not good enough for liverpool.

you're a f*cking genius aren't you?

he is easily good enough for pool. Two soft cards, he didn't deserve a red.
    He does a good job for Liverpool as a backup midfielder.

oh cock, please be ok Torres!

Neville does Torres, lol

How is that not a foul by Neville on Torres. Odd reffing all around.

torres is a cheat

that's actually a disgrace the way liverpool kicked it back to Howard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why the feck is Torres still on?

jeasus liverpool are playing with 9 men in defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If I see trolling in this thread and any unreasonable discussion of teams or players other than Liverpool and Everton players I will be ruthless with the banhammer.

You've been warned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement