Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton FA Cup Replay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

ye, idiots..switched over to utv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

why were the liverpool players giving out to the ref?

I think Van Der Medye took the ball out of the net and kicked it away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ITV were legendary for missing vital moments in F1 by being on ad break but they really excelled themselves here, ad break for 1 minute and goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Wooooppppp

get in the net :-)

we're going to wembley boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

spockety wrote: »
    To all the [strike]trolls[/strike] contributors who have come on here just for a chance of rubbing a loss into the noses of Liverpool fans, I have arranged a clinic for you to come and suck my testicles.

PM me for details.

:)

Just you dont rise to Boggles or Ntlbell again.

Oh and it was a freekick to Liverpool as Babel was brought down before the challenege on Van der Menda.

Moyes cant complain now about the Ref in Merseyside Derbies he had the rub of the green tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I am watching on Canal + and there was no interruption here. Itv are plonkers !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well done Everton! Liverpool continue to come off the rails (bar Chelsea result). Facht.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

take our licks i suppose.

everton played well when were on top of them. when we went to 10 we never looked likely to win. well done to everton. held their nerve and got the goal.
    scrappy match but wat would one expect ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

GET ****ING IN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

****in **** itv didnt even get the goal live.

And everyone that have more interest in how liverpool do than there own club can suck my scrotum. Leagues what we want this year thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Well done Everton, Hard Luck Pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

of ye go now and win the league ye have no more excuses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lads, how is a shot that was going wide without a deflection a great finish?

Sure, he's a young bloke... faiytale etc etc but a bit of perspective please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

have to say though, Fair fuks to Gosling, excellent shift of his feet and curling finish with that level of pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

cooker3 wrote: »
    ITV were legendary for missing vital moments in F1 by being on ad break but they really excelled themselves here, ad break for 1 minute and goal!
    This deserves a thread all of it's own. the producer should get the bullit:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Got the last 15 mins - great goal from gosling, great match winning goal that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gosling's keeping that ball! fair play everton all three derbys werent the nicest but its Everton vs Villa in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Its only th FA cup at the end of the day.Villa are going to beat everton anyway so i couldnt give a toss.At least Liverpool can concentrate on the league and Champions league and hopefully Gerrards injury wasnt too bad.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Whoah, is this actually common now taking ad breaks during games? That's ridiculous :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

besty wrote: »
    Well done Everton! Liverpool continue to come off the rails (bar Chelsea result). Facht.

Well done. So bar the most impotant match we're coming off the rails... also lets forget this is our first loss of 2009... :rolleyes:

Well done Everton though. On the whole they probably deserved it.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »

And everyone that have more interest in how liverpool do than there own club can suck my scrotum. Leagues what we want this year thank you.

Well prepare for further disappointment in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

jester77 wrote: »
    Whoah, is this actually common now taking ad breaks during games? That's ridiculous :eek:

nah, was a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

we lost all shape when gerrard went off.
    hate to lose to everton but id hate to lose gerrard for a couple of matches even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To take the rarely available magnanimous-in-victory postion, hard luck to Liverpool losing Gerrard and Lucas, kinda brought yis down to our level. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

we lost all shape when gerrard went off.
    hate to lose to everton but id hate to lose gerrard for a couple of matches even more
    international break couldn't come at a better time really. 1 game against a poor pompey side then a break - will give gerrard time to recover.

Just made Evertons Season in Feb

• Subscribers Posts: 16,594 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Stekelly wrote: »

give him some credit, I didn't see a deflection or anyone near getting one either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Its only th FA cup at the end of the day.Villa are going to beat everton anyway so i couldnt give a toss.At least Liverpool can concentrate on the league and Champions league and hopefully Gerrards injury wasnt too bad.!

My god an awful lot of liverpool fans on here are sore losers. If you didnt even know anything about soccer and just read this forum, you'd hate liverpool.

copacetic wrote: »
    give him some credit, I didn't see a deflection or anyone near getting one either.

There was a deflection but it's not an issue. Good goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

def got a deflection, off arbeloa i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pretty poor in general. I am not particularly happy with the sending off of Lucas. The second tackle was defo a bookable offence but the first one was quite a poor decision. If anything, he got booked as a result of being on the refs mind following two poor tackles on him by Peinnar.

Following the sending off though, Everton always looked like scoring the winner and were deserved winners overall..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Defo deflection on the replay. Skrtel I think it was.

My god an awful lot of liverpool fans on here are sore losers. If you didnt even know anything about soccer and just read this forum, you'd hate liverpool.

focus on the positive, there are certainly some dickish fans of all clubs but there plenty liverpool fans talking about it being a good goal. whatever.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Well done. So bar the most impotant match we're coming off the rails... also lets forget this is our first loss of 2009... :rolleyes:
    Stoke 0 - Liverpool 0
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Wigan 1 - Liverpool 1
    Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 0
    Everton 1 - Liverpool 0

Looks a bit like the form of a team coming off the rails to me to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Stekelly wrote: »

I don't think it was going wide without the deflection....

Either ways he done exceptionally well to find the space to shoot with the number of players around him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If you didn't know anything about soccer and just read this forum, you'd be forgiven for thinking all everyone cares about is talking about Liverpool. (more so when they draw/lose)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I predicted earlier today that BOTH Gerrard and Torres would get injured and would **** up Liverpool's/Rafa's season!!! I take no joy in that prediction coming to fruition. We were truly awful tonight.......and Lucas is a MUPPET!

Rafa for the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

def got a deflection, off arbeloa i think.

Actually took two deflections. First hit Arbeloa and then Dossena.

Stoke 0 - Liverpool 0
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Wigan 1 - Liverpool 1
    Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 0
    Everton 1 - Liverpool 0

game's over if you want to discuss non game related stuff take it to the team thread. kthnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whens the DVD coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,594 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

actually yep :oI see on the good angle that it got two deflections, one from arbeola to toward the goal and then a bigger one off Skirtel to loop it over reina...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Well prepare for further disappointment in that case.

That we will see :p

Before we were down to ten men, it was us who were controlling the game. No loss either loosing Lucas for a game as he is muck...hope to god gerrards alright Dossena muck as ever aswell btw.

I predicted earlier today that BOTH Gerrard and Torres would get injured and would **** up Liverpool's/Rafa's season!!! I take no joy in that prediction coming to fruition. We were truly awful tonight.......and Lucas is a MUPPET!

Rafa for the sack.

good lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

just goes to show liverpool are a two man team!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stoke 0 - Liverpool 0
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Wigan 1 - Liverpool 1
    Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 0
    Everton 1 - Liverpool 0

Mate, you're a total amateur. Look back through some of Boggles or ntlbell's posts, you'll learn how to really rile Liverpool fans.

Keep up the good work though, you have potential to be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mayordenis wrote: »
    good lord.

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Everton and their dirty tactics!!!!!! The ref fell for the Ginger one's pre match comments and fair enough to Moyes, it worked

It was a nice finish though, whether it took a deflection or not. Hate losing to the bitters, but sure, that's the way it goes sometimes. Down to ten men and having to go into extra time, just couldn't hang on.
    They'll probably lose to Villa anyway in the next round, this is their final. Coming down from this euphoria to play Villa wil be tough.

Anyway, we move on. Portsmouth on Saturday is a bigger one. Just hope Torres is ok, Gerrard may miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Definite deflection, but would have been on target either way.

Villa will be as tough a game though if not tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

what do you expect your just after being put out of the cup in the last minute in a derby against your bitter rival. magnanimous i aint at this moment

mike65 wrote: »
    Whens the DVD coming out?

11am tomorrow have to get the extra time in to allow for extra time in the game and also find the footage lost by UTV going on to an add break

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement