Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton FA Cup Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I predicted earlier today that BOTH Gerrard and Torres would get injured and would **** up Liverpool's/Rafa's season!!! I take no joy in that prediction coming to fruition. We were truly awful tonight.......and Lucas is a MUPPET!

Rafa for the sack.

I really wish I could add you to my ignore list. You post some amount of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

fair play to Everton. must be a great treat for the young fella, lucky goal cause of the deflection but that doesnt matter.

we can concentrate on the league now.

xabi was really poor tonight i thought.

feel sorry for Lucas, as i'm sure he's gonna be a lot of arseholes scapegoat for the defeat, unfairly as he should never have been sent off, first booking wasnt even a foul.

at least moyes can shut up about officials now, mystery to me how pienaar stayed on the pitch after that tackle on Lucas, Cahill was lucky as well after throwing an elbox into Carras face.

ah well, onwards & upwards, fair play to Everon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I really wish I could add you to my ignore list. You post some amount of ****e.

You dont have to read it, ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

just goes to show liverpool are a two man team!

Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

besty wrote: »
    Stoke 0 - Liverpool 0
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Liverpool 1 - Everton 1
    Wigan 1 - Liverpool 1
    Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 0
    Everton 1 - Liverpool 0

Looks a bit like the form of a team coming off the rails to me to be honest.

Looks like a team not performing up to standard in three tricky enough away games (although two we should certainly have won) and two tough home games, big difference between that and coming of the rails... ah why am I wasting my time... go on and waffle all you want.

Again well done everton, i still hope Villa do ye in though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Have to say that I'm not that bothered. Would have preferred losing in 90 mins rather than 120. Fairplay to Everton. They were better team for most of the game regardless of the ref helping them. Good finish by the young lad. 3 points against Portsmouth on Sat are much more important. Hope Torres and Gerrard are ok, that's the main thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Gerrard

There are a lot of amateurs here tonight aren't there?

Seriously, that's a useless bit of baiting.

Up your game a bit, bit more subtlety, if you're lucky you'll really get someone riled up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fair play to Everton. must be a great treat for the young fella, lucky goal cause of the deflection but that doesnt matter.

we can concentrate on the league now.

Ah sure you'se are better off being out of them cups didnt you know !:)

Whoever recommended Dossena to Benitez needs their eyes tested. He's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

feel sorry for Lucas, as i'm sure he's gonna be a lot of arseholes scapegoat for the defeat, unfairly as he should never have been sent off, first booking wasnt even a foul.

very fair post Al :eek:

I agree with that bit I quoted, should have perhaps a red on the Everton team too, but them's the breaks eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well Rafa looks a genius now, eh?

You can't control for Gerrard and Torres getting injured but Christ you can control having back up. And yes, Rafa looks a tit now of course.

Meanwhile Lucas continues his newfound trend of not just playing crap but actually going out to cost us games on his own. He really fits in well in the team alright.

Everton deserved it. God help us if this is the height of our attacking intent, even before the sending off, for the season.

EDIT: So bloody what if Lucas first yellow wasn't justified? He knew he was booked when he went in carelessly for the second yellow. Lazy, lazy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

just goes to show liverpool are a two man team!

No, ten man team. Lucas was sent off. Why, were you not watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

well done everton nothing between teams in the two matches.

more matches in the fa cup, possibly draws again v villa etc would put a lot of strain on the team.
    Rafa was saying he didnt want this match now.. not that he wouldnt have liked to win it.

Anyway if it were the final id be more upset, more time now to concentrate on the two remaining tasks and more rest for the players.

I just hope now torres doesnt play next week or Gerrard.

This game will have be forgotten in a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dont see how anyone can say that we arent coming off the rails. We have gone from being 8 points ahead of united to potentially 5 points behind them.

Last 11 games:

4 wins
    6 draws
    1 loss

The above doesnt look like the end of the world, but when you look at the teams nicking draws against us, its been a pretty dire run.

On the game today. Felt bad for Lucas as he was having a decentish game up until the sending off. One thing that annoys me about him though is that he is a very very sloppy tackler. A lot of Liverpool players had an off day today. Dossena, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt & Torres were all poor. Thought Skrtel and Carragher played really well though.

Frustrated that Rafa took so long to put his last substitute on. I rarely call for Torres to be subbed but he looked absolutely knackered. I suppose he knows that with Torres and Gerrard off the pitch, we arent nearly as dangerous. We definitely need more top quality attacking players in the squad.

Thought Babel did ok when he came on. Definitely looks more comfortable playing down the middle. Was a difficult game to come on in, but he had a few nice moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Whoever recommended Dossena to Benitez needs their eyes tested. He's awful.

Is it true he gets a game for Italy? Baffling if it is true.

I do think Rafa has problems getting good fullbacks. Has bought, and sold, a high number in his short time there.

• Advertisement

You dont have to read it, ya know.

I wish I was better at ignoring your posts alright.

noodler wrote: »
    Well Rafa looks a genius now, eh?

You can't control for Gerrard and Torres getting injured but Christ you can have back up. And yes, Rafa looks a tit now of course.

Meanwhile Lucas continues his newfound trend of not just playing crap but actually going out to cost us games on his own. He really fits in well in the team alright.

Everton deserved it. God help us if this is the height of our attacking intent, even before the sending off, for the season.

To quote Mr Benitez himself: "That was unbelebable"!

Des wrote: »
    very fair post Al :eek:

I agree with that bit I quoted, should have perhaps a red on the Everton team too, but them's the breaks eh.

tis the truth.
    noodler wrote: »

*ahem*
    Mr Alan wrote:

evening Noodler.

good to see your supportive as ever towards your "team"

I wish I was better at ignoring your posts alright.

why can't you ignore him?

coco06 wrote: »

A month?!?

Sure the victory over Chelsea was forgotten in three days!

A lot of Liverpool 'fans' on here have got insanely short memories in my experience.

• Advertisement

I do think Rafa has problems getting good fullbacks. Has bought, and sold, a high number in his short time there.

Not only that....he's first choice left back for the Italians!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Its unreal how much Liverpool depends on Gerrard. They totally fell apart without him. From that performance, a complete mediocre team. Torres play dropped as soon as Gerrard was gone. IMO This finally shows what their team is like to all the pool fans.

I really enjoyed that match in a pub full of pools :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

spockety wrote: »
    if you're lucky you'll really get someone riled up.

Im not looking to get anybody riled up. I'm clearly stating that I think Liverpool can only play well when they have Gerrard in the team now.

Liverpool played dredful imo. I think they would have played alot better if they had Gerrard in that team. When the Liverpoolians see Gerrard go Injured then suddenly lose alot of moral and ''attacking power''( Welcome to Evertons world there)

Agree with the comment on Dossena, he played terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

As far as I know he only has a few caps for Italy. Grosso is first choice left back aint he ? Cracking player.

He's a STALKER!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mental mickey and noodler you guys should meet up, have ye ever heard of tromboning? I reckon ye'd like it.

I did think they said that during the game but dismissed it as rubbish.... So, attack the italians down the right....

I did think they said that during the game but dismissed it as rubbish.... So, attack the italians down the right....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rafa for the sack.

stop saying this, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

coco06 wrote: »

Well i for one will not forget it. It just goes to show that liverpool are a 2 man team and tonight they were beaten by a everton team that was riddled by injury's in fact we ended up playing 3 of or reserves and still triumphed . jeasus if only poor Moyes had a few bob. I honestly hope Rafa never gets sacked!

• Advertisement

A7X wrote: »
    Its unreal how much Liverpool depends on Gerrard. They totally fell apart without him. From that performance, a complete mediocre team. Torres play dropped as soon as Gerrard was gone. IMO This finally shows what their team is like to all the pool fans.

I really enjoyed that match in a pub full of pools :)

Its kinda the same with Rooney at United, but less so. Rooney gives United shape and tempo (even if he can't finish for crap...)

Teams rely on the big players.

Im not looking to get anybody riled up. I'm clearly stating that I think Liverpool can only play well when they have Gerrard in the team now.

Liverpool played dredful imo. I think they would have played alot better if they had Gerrard in that team. When the Liverpoolians see Gerrard go Injured then suddenly lose alot of moral and ''attacking power''( Welcome to Evertons world there)

Well why not say that then, instead of just saying "1, Gerrard"? At least you are expressing an opinion now.

As for Liverpool without Gerrard, it's not all bad, they beat United earlier in the season without him, and we have seen Liverpool step up to the plate big time in important Champions League matches when he's been out.

Gerrard going off tonight really turned the heat up, yes I'm sure it was incredibly disheartening for Liverpool players to see one of the best midfielders in the world limping off the pitch, but at the same time Everton supporters really cranked it up and their team really hacked into it from there on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I predicted earlier today that BOTH Gerrard and Torres would get injured and would **** up Liverpool's/Rafa's season!!! I take no joy in that prediction coming to fruition. We were truly awful tonight.......and Lucas is a MUPPET!

Rafa for the sack.

Do us a favour, will you? You know when your team loses to their neighbours in the F.A cup and thus will lead, inevitably, to the enlargement of this thread due to the usual suspects posting crap. How about, instead of taking enjoying from the defeat and basically joining in with the rest of them, you actually, you know, support your club?
    Honestly, give it a go. Even just the once. You may become spirtually and emotionally fulfilled and become at one with yourself. Birds may land on your shoulder and sing the most delightful of songs, squirrels may communicate with you telepathically and the wind will dance to your tunes.
    Give it a go, Mental Mickey. Go on son, give it a go. Report back to us your findings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

oh, and well done to everton.

gosling's finish was exceptional in the circumstances. the deflection was meaningless as the move to get space for himself was intricate and the strike was sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doss was not the problem tonight, the whole game was. Even if Liverpool had won at a canter with no knocks it was a game not needed. Only two things should matter, CL and PL with the latter the most important by some distance.

spockety wrote: »
    A month?!?

Sure the victory over Chelsea was forgotten in three days!

A lot of Liverpool 'fans' on here have got insanely short memories in my experience.

It would have been remembered longer if United hadn't of beaten them 3-0 IMO

i know! its mennnnnntal!

someone should tell Marcello Lippi & Rafa Benitez that Mental Mickey from boards.ie thinks Dossena has nothing going for him & i'm sure they'd drop him in a second. they're obviously just confused. amatuers!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Its kinda the same with Rooney at United, but less so. Rooney gives United shape and tempo (even if he can't finish for crap...)

what about Ronaldo world player of the year, teves, ferdinand, van der sar, vidic to name just a few! come on i not a man u fan but their team is laced with talent . Liverpool have 2 players.

United don't fall apart as soon as Rooney is off the pitch to the same extent as was seen tonight, if at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

Well i for one will not forget it. It just goes to show that liverpool are a 2 man team and tonight they were beaten by a everton team that was riddled by injury's in fact we ended up playing 3 of or reserves and still triumphed . jeasus if only poor Moyes had a few bob. I honestly hope Rafa never gets sacked!

Moyes doing well alright, thought someone like newcastle would have gone in for him.

A good run in the league now and champions league will ease the pain.. have to get the finger out sharpish.

i know! its mennnnnntal!

someone should tell Marcello Lippi & Rafa Benitez that Mental Mickey from boards.ie thinks he Dossena has nothing going for him & i'm sure they'd drop him in a second. they're obviously just confused. amatuers!

:rolleyes:
    in fairness Al, the guy has looked crap in every game he has played. Not rusty, or off the premiership pace, just crap.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Do us a favour, will you? You know when your team loses to their neighbours in the F.A cup and thus will lead, inevitably, to the enlargement of this thread due to the usual suspects posting crap. How about, instead of taking enjoying from the defeat and basically joining in with the rest of them, you actually, you know, support your club?
    Honestly, give it a go. Even just the once. You may become spirtually and emotionally fulfilled and become at one with yourself. Birds may land on your shoulder and sing the most delightful of songs, squirrels may communicate with you telepathically and the wind will dance to your tunes.
    Give it a go, Mental Mickey. Go on son, give it a go. Report back to us your findings.

I find that you have been smoking something. Where on earth did you get THAT from???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

jester77 wrote: »
    Whoah, is this actually common now taking ad breaks during games? That's ridiculous :eek:

Could you blame them? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fantastic result and fully deserved by Everton who were clearly the better team - Liverpool did not even create 1 chance the entire 120 mins.

Jagielka, along with Vidic are the 2 best defenders in the PL at the moment, Torres was lost up against him.

Everton - you are a team to be proud of.

in fairness Al, the guy has looked crap in every game he has played. Not rusty, or off the premiership pace, just crap.

Amen.

• Advertisement

A7X wrote: »
    United don't fall apart as soon as Rooney is off the pitch to the same extent as was seen tonight, if at all.

I would kinda argue that, as i think we have looked rubbish in attack whenever rooney has been out, but it would be off topic and has been discussed elsewhere.

I read posts and only glance at who posted it if I find it particularly good or poor.. I am also unable to add anyone to my ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Phuck. I love an oul peno shootout :(

Robbie must be kicking himself now if ever there was a time he could have stood up to be counted it was tonight.

Woefully boring first half, second was a bit livlier. Babel should have been on way earlier, poor by Benitez.
    Christ thanks a million ITV.

Goes off the air for 5 seconds and Everton score.

Am I the only one who saw the goal live on ITV? :confused: This rented gaff of mine has poxy old 18 channel NTL FYI. There were hints of interruption, then the ad, I flick to Setanta, back to ITV and was clean for about 7 secs before it went in. Odd it affected other viewers differently, must depend on what ITV region your service provider picks up its signal from.

I feel sorry for any blues in Liverpool itself if they missed one of their greatest moments!

Warper wrote: »
    Fantastic result and fully deserved by Everton who were clearly the better team - Liverpool did not even create 1 chance the entire 120 mins.

Jagielka, along with Vidic are the 2 best defenders in the PL at the moment, Torres was lost up against him. Liverpool are useless without Gerrard and the conduct of their fans (again) are a disgrace - throwing coins and socks? at the Everton players just highlights what Liverpool are all about.

Everton - you are a team to be proud of.

To me it looked like torres suffered from a lack of supply, support and Gerrard. Looked to be carrying an injury too. Don't think he is back up to pace yet.

what about Ronaldo world player of the year, teves, ferdinand, van der sar, vidic to name just a few! come on i not a man u fan but their team is laced with talent . Liverpool have 2 players.

or Torres,alonso,mascherano,carragher,reina?!

i dont wanna get drawn into this, but you're talking hole.

Liverpool beat Utd without torres & gerrard earlier in the season.

you argument is quite simply nonsense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement