Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton FA Cup Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Teams rely on the big players.

+1

people need to realise EVERY team relies on big players. every one of them.

calling a team a one-man or two-man team, or anything approaching that, is such an over-used cliché that has no substance to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i know! its mennnnnntal!

someone should tell Marcello Lippi & Rafa Benitez that Mental Mickey from boards.ie thinks Dossena has nothing going for him & i'm sure they'd drop him in a second. they're obviously just confused. amatuers!

:rolleyes:

Also ignore the fact that Capello was also trying to sign him when he managed Real Madrid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

lets put things in perspective here,the fa cup is not high up in benitez preferences its all about the league and champions league.
    i know its great to get to a final and add some silverware,but i for one wont lose sleep, more annoyed in loosing to everton than going out of the cup tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Alan, I wonder if Rafa got us relegated would you still be so unable to accept any criticism of the man?

I mean Christ, its a proper downward spiral now, the only difference against Chelsea was we got lucky for the last half an hour with Lampard's red-we didn't look like breaking through in that game before then either. Forget about the fact it is the FA cup-it is the fact we can't seem to create chances that is irritating the hell out of me.

I support the team just fine Alan, your rose-tinted "head in the sand, everything is alright" attitude is just something I can't agree with.

Criticize Rafa for selling 20m worth of attacking talent on the last day of the transfer window when we are this light up front, would you?

Jesus, I preferred it when Lucas was just ineffectual-I would almost swear he is doing it on purpose now!

I am not calling for Rafa's head, maybe MM is, because I know we would not get anyone better at the moment.

EDIT: Yeah MM didn't you know? You are supposed to judge Liverpool players on their performances for other clubs and their country, not in the red shirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If it pleases and sparkles, I'd like to submit a new list for consideration:

Things that have already and will continue to result in a ban on this thread

1. Discussing things other than the game or the teams involved in the game.

2. Talking about teams not involved in this game.

3. Trolling Liverpool fans.

K?

Sunshine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

what about Ronaldo world player of the year, teves, ferdinand, van der sar, vidic to name just a few! come on i not a man u fan but their team is laced with talent . Liverpool have 2 players.

omgz - the man is right! Liverpool only have 2 players. Its amazing that they have been competing against teams with 11 for years now. Thats quite an achievement.

You are the type of armchair fan that bring the rest of us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness Al, the guy has looked crap in every game he has played. Not rusty, or off the premiership pace, just crap.

in fairness, in italy he always played as part of a back 5....Rafa has said it will take him a long time to get used to our style of play.

and its not true he has always been crap[, he has had a couple of really good games for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lets put things in perspective here,the fa cup is not high up in benitez preferences its all about the league and champions league.
    i know its great to get to a final and add some silverware,but i for one wont lose sleep, more annoyed in loosing to everton than going out of the cup tbh

the team he picked tonight would indicate it is/was fairly important to him and the club. He even kept torres on into extra time.

what about Ronaldo world player of the year, teves, ferdinand, van der sar, vidic to name just a few! come on i not a man u fan but their team is laced with talent . Liverpool have 2 players.

I know you are excited but Reina, Alonso, Masch, Carra and Skrtel are all extremely good players.

I should know better than reply but I have not seen you post before and I am assuming that you aren't thick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Red card infraction for abuse.

READ MY WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have recorded this infraction. - GY

• Advertisement

A7X wrote: »
    United don't fall apart as soon as Rooney is off the pitch to the same extent as was seen tonight, if at all.

i don't remember us falling apart.

what were you smoking?

in fairness, in italy he always played as part of a back 5....Rafa has said it will take him a long time to get used to our style of play.

So, he is used to playing in a massively defensive team... whats the problem?:p;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

GuanYin wrote: »
    If it pleases and sparkles, I'd like to submit a new list for consideration:.....

Sunshine!

lol, what a great way to mod a mersyside derby dispute. does that please and sparkle all the scouser fans:D

the team he picked tonight would indicate it is/was fairly important to him and the club. He even kept torres on into extra time.
    rubbish it was a derby for gods sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Yeah but lets be serious, Liverpool arnt going to win the either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I find that you have been smoking something. Where on earth did you get THAT from???

A squirrel told me to tell you it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Consider this a red card infraction.

We will record this among the soccer forum mods.
    - GY

rubbish it was a derby for gods sake

so it was important... yet rubbish. right.

EDIT:

In the previous round, Carragher, Keane, Gerrard, Alonso, Rieira and Mascherano all started, Torres also played. Seems to me that game was important too - or was it just cause you were playing Preston, big game yeah?

mayordenis wrote: »
    I haven't read the rest of it but just shut up and stop posting, total drivel.

Listen pal, you don't make any points in any of your posts, half of them are pretty much you trying desperately to assert yourself over others in a fairly rude and obnoxious way. As GY said, stick to making posts about football if you can? Otherwise you are just trying to be abusive.

Dossena has had less of a positive impact than Keane Alan! He may not have cost as much but there you go. Surely you should be judging him on the majority of his performances as you did with Keane? One rule for one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

To suggest that Liverpool were not interested in the game tonight is total bull - you only need look at the team selection to know this.

As an Everton fan i realise that we wont be challenging for the league anytime soon but i also have total faith in the manager and the team as does every Everton fan and this is what is so pleasing.

After 3 games Liverpool, with all their resources could not beat us. There are a lot more problems with Liverpool FC than Everton FC. I mean everyone knows Liverpool have no chance of winning the League anytime soon either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Big sale of odd socks tomorrow in the Everton megastore.

...some cold feet on the way across the park tonight :D

noodler wrote: »
    Dossena has had less of a positive impact than Keane Alan! He may not have cost as much but there you go. Surely you should be judging him on the majority of his performances as you did with Keane? One rule for one.....

I agree.

I'd sell Dossena if i was Rafa, i dont think he'll cut it.

But, different financial loss is possible, we sold Keane cause we were able to get most of the money back for him thereby not risk a loss of 10m-ish if he didnt hit any form......with Dossena we bought him for 6, and is still rated in Italy, we'd get most of that back in the summer selling him back to Italy.

Difference between me & you is, i amn't going to piss & moan on the internet 24/7 about what i would do if i was Rafa-instead i support the team.

I have Football manager where i can try my hand at management :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

One less Competition to spread the panel over.

Brilliant.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Warper wrote: »
    To suggest that Liverpool were not interested in the game tonight is total bull - you only need look at the team selection to know this.

Couldn't agree more.
    As an Everton fan i realise that we wont be challenging for the league anytime soon but i also have total faith in the manager and the team as does every Everton fan and this is what is so pleasing.

After 3 games Liverpool, with all their resources could not beat us. There are a lot more problems with Liverpool FC than Everton FC. I mean everyone knows Liverpool have no chance of winning the League anytime soon either.

Over the last 3 games ye have played well, congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

All i will say is while irish liverpool fans might spout the usual in rafa we trust rubbish,this result will not go down well in the red half of merseyside tonight,and depending what happens in the next few weeks could yet determine the future direction of this club in years to come!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not too bothered about the result, except for the likely drunk and abusive texts I'll no doubt recieve throughout the next 24 hours from jubilant BS fans :p

As already said, Torres clearly picked up a knock(get Babel on!!! has been the most used term this season from me ) and hamstring injury for Gerrard(looks like a pull hamstring) are far bigger issues.
    Real might actually have a chance againist us now lol.

To some it up...

Epic horror show of a match. Glad it's over. Shame it didn't go to penalties. Tim Cahill. Lucas Injuries to our two main attacking threats are a far bigger worry IMO. Oh and ITV are a bunch of idiots.

i also have total faith in the manager and the team as does every Everton fan and this is what is so pleasing.

shame he'll leave if a big club ever decide to take a punt on him. then you'll be back toiling with relegation i guess, afterall, moysey is so special.
    After 3 games Liverpool, with all their resources could not beat us. There are a lot more problems with Liverpool FC than Everton FC.

Fair play to yous alright.

Yous had more than a helping hand tonight though, any sort of man would admit that, especially after all the crying Everton fans have done over officiating during recent games.

but as i said, fair play on tonight.
    I mean everyone knows Liverpool have no chance of winning the League anytime soon either.

I dont know that.

if your so sure liverpool wont win the league lay me 20/1.its easy money for you

I dont know that.

don't rise to it.

Either way, I am not too worried about tonights match. With Keane gone and limited option up front, I would nearly prefer to be out of the cup so that we can focus on the league and CL.

I posted this at 15:30 today. If it was any random club, I really couldn't have given the slightest toss about the match tonight. It being Everton and them being a major rival, I actually cared about winning but I will be over it by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

I imagine that this sums up how most Liverpool fans feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

To Mr.Alan

Liverpool fans have every right to moan about players if they want to. Your defence of Lucas really goes unfounded aswell. EVERY game bar the newcastle one he has been terrible. Calling people arseholes because they slag him off is just like me saying your an arsehole for slagging Babel or whoever.

You do realise your opinion isnt whats always correct.

He gives the ball away, he makes stupid tackles and causes fouls ALL the time. Yes hes only 21 so cant be too hard on the lad yet.

Just because I slag off Lucas makes me no more less of a fan.I want the best for the club and I happen to think lucas isnt it. I help pay his wages(yes its a very insignificant amount) but ive every right to judge him without being called an arsehole thank you very much.

Alan, it is not about asking what I would do in Rafa's shoes. The difference is that you seem unwilling to admit the many, many mistakes the man makes as manager of Liverpool football club.

What is worse, and a far bigger issue, is the way we play. We are MORE reliant on Gerrard and Torres than any of our rivals are on their most important players. Rafa has had 3.5 years and Liverpool and the main problem seems to be that if we have not got the depth to cope with injuries or loss of form to the main two. If utd misse Ronaldo and Rooney they have Berbatov and Tevez, if Arsenal are missing RVP their style of play means that the replacment striker, whomever it is, will be given chances.

Rafa's plan seems to be 8 men behind the ball and pray for some Gerrard and Torres magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

shocking game in many aspects, but liverpool were dreadful imho!

I dont mean to be rude but how can a team but cant hold the ball for longer than 1 minute expect to be title challengers..

Also there 2 "wingbacks" were pityful 2nite

I agree btw, how can benitez continually play behyoin and dosina , arbeloa, lucus ( the list is endless ) , 3 days ago saying rkeane is a important port of liverpools future, then sell him?

I do not understand the man, or liverpool for that matter, at all

one thing i must say jagielka is one of the best center half i have seen his season . cant admit to have seen him week in week out but he put in incredible performances over the 3 games

O ****ing dear me.

Fair play Everton. Bollix

I want Lucas shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

if your so sure liverpool wont win the league lay me 20/1.its easy money for you

Dont be ridiculous, Liverpool are a top price 9-2 for the PL, just for you i will give you 5-1, minimum bet 200- PM me for payment details.

but Warper, if it will NEVER happen, as you are so sure, surely the odds are irrelevant?

or are you just a little mouth piece?

joe123 wrote: »
    To Mr.Alan

Liverpool fans have every right to moan about players if they want to. Your defence of Lucas really goes unfounded aswell. EVERY game bar the newcastle one he has been terrible. Calling people arseholes because they slag him off is just like me saying your an arsehole for slagging Babel or whoever.

You do realise your opinion isnt whats always correct.

He gives the ball away, he makes stupid tackles and causes fouls ALL the time. Yes hes only 21 so cant be too hard on the lad yet.

Just because I slag off Lucas makes me no more less of a fan.I want the best for the club and I happen to think lucas isnt it. I help pay his wages(yes its a very insignificant amount) but ive every right to judge him without being called an arsehole thank you very much.
    joe i honestly thought lucas was our best midfielder tonight kuyt and riera constantly give the ball away and xabi had an off night.
    he was stupid to get sent off but its hard to resist a tackle in the heat of the moment.imo he gets a lot of unfair abuse

Lucas was good tonight & shouldnt have been sent off.

he was your best midfielder and was sent off?

tough times for liverpool:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dont be ridiculous, Liverpool are a top price 9-2 for the PL, just for you i will give you 5-1, minimum bet 200- PM me for payment details.
    as you said it cant happen give me tens and ill go a monkey

he was sent off after 77 mins Nuxx. He got a yellow for nothing, wasnt even a foul. Nothing he could have done about it.

Did you even watch the match?

Second one was a booking. Very lazy and irresponsible to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Cant believe I forgot to mention Lucas. He is a spare, an injury crisis man, the Jonathan Douglas and Liam Miller/Lawrence of the side. Why the **** was he starting?

Rafa is truly losing the touch, and cant keep riding on the back of the 2005 CL forever. Im not sure I can see past Real despite their traditional CL form, and at the moment I think a change is in order.

Unfortnately I dont think Jose will come back to England just yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

joe i honestly thought lucas was our best midfielder tonight kuyt and riera constly give the ball away and xabi had an off night.
    he was stupid to get sent off but its hard to resist a tackle in the heat of the moment.imo he gets a lot of unfair abuse

I dont know how you thought he was our best midfielder. Kuyt is muck also but i would of had Alonso and riera ahead of him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I posted this at 15:30 today. If it was any random club, I really couldn't have given the slightest toss about the match tonight. It being Everton and them being a major rival, I actually cared about winning but I will be over it by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

I imagine that this sums up how most Liverpool fans feel.

Yep, not really bothered.

More important fish ahead.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lucas - was a harsh sending off, i thought Alonso might have went with 2 yellows

Everton deserved it lets me honest now lads

he was sent off after 77 mins Nuxx. He got a yellow for nothing, wasnt even a foul. Nothing he could have done about it.

His second booking was stupid and a certain yellow once he had commited the foul. Regardless of the merits for, or lack there of, the first yellow, he knew he had got it and should have played accordingly. He didn't, and deserved the second card.

Lucas was good tonight & shouldnt have been sent off.

Alan he may have been better then his usual self but I wouldn't call his performance fúcking good. The guy is a walking accident waiting to happen. He's a defensive midfielder and he is shíte in the air, cant tackle and gives the ball away too much (although he was better keeping the ball tonight). How any Liverpool fan can think this guy deserves to wear the shirt is somehow being blind sighted.

• Advertisement

yep i did

but dont judge me for falling asleep every few minutes, everytime the whistle blew it seemed to wake me up, oh not another lucas foul.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement