Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond Quest Ireland Adventure Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

Hi folks,
    Just thought i'd let you know that there is now a reduced entry fee for Diamond Quest Ireland but you've got to be quick, it's back up to the full price on the 1st April. Don't be a fool, don't get caught out, get entered now while the price is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

I raced recently in the Cooley and Mourne Mountains area...it's a great place where to race.....Diamond Quest should be good!

I wonder if it's organised by Causeway, the race in Meelmore was and everything went very smoothly.....only thing, I whished there were more off-road sections!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

Yes, it's organised by the same bunch. You can expect a well put together event.

Enduro wrote: »
    Yes, it's organised by the same bunch. You can expect a well put together event.

"The same bunch"

Thanks Enduro ;)

We've been putting a fair amount of planning into the Diamond Quest so much so that our own events have suffered a little but then it's all for a worth while cause.

Noangel72 I'm guessing you only did the one day event, any one who did the 2nd day of the Meelmore event enjoyed the mtbing which was the real off road stuff.

Unfortunately all the biking for the Diamond Quest will be on roads which will suit the road biker or triathlon type better but then they might not be so good on the hill run. All in all in should be a good battle between the adventure racers, triathlon types and road bikers.

Hi,

is the race still going to take place?....I heard you didn't get as many registrations as you would have liked....!

......where's the finish line, Warrenpoint or Newcastle?

• Advertisement

Noangel72 wrote: »
    Hi,

is the race still going to take place?....I heard you didn't get as many registrations as you would have liked....!

......where's the finish line, Warrenpoint or Newcastle?

Have you not entered yet :eek:

Diamond Quest Ireland is still going ahead, we're still flat out planning all the bits and bobs, if you're not in you'll not win, looks like the diamonds will be split between those who finish, with the first 10% having a chance at winning the first diamond which is worth a whopping £4000, those finishing in the next 30% will have a chance at winning a diamond worth £3000 and the last 60% in with the chance of winning a diamond worth £2000.

Full details on how to enter can be found here.

We'll be transporting competitors from Newcastle to Carlingford, they'll then run from Carlingford to Omeath following the marked route, kayak from Omeath to Warrenpoint and then follow the marked route on roads from Warrenpoint to Newcastle on bikes.

If you can't race then we still need some marshals to help out or you can come along to the after race party, it's £30 to enter the after race party but you'll be in with a chance of winning the 4th and final diamond worth £2000.

See you all there. :D

......only MTBs, or are road bikes permitted?.....considering the cycling section is all on tarmac!.....

Noangel72 wrote: »
    ......only MTBs, or are road bikes permitted?.....considering the cycling section is all on tarmac!.....

Any bike at all, it's up to you. Road bike might be best but don't let that put you off if you haven't got one.

Must be a push bike of some sort, no engines allowed.

Take a look here to see what you can win.

Do the race! I can't recommend it strongly enough!

....I was one of the first to register for it....so I will be there!......is it worth it sticking around for the party on Saturday night?..........

• Advertisement

I would certainly think so! Why not :D

.....sure...why not!....might even win the second diamond!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

We have a rule about advertising charity events on this forum. In future please read the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement