Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugar 10/22 modified with folding stock! Anyone have one?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

lads when are ye goin to stop feeding this troll.
    all hes doin is giving more ammo to the anti's i.e. any lazy ársed journo too shiftless to resarch his/her work propperly.

i havnt seen 1 reply form the op.

im not around here that long but i can see nearly every thread hes started hase been some way contraversial.

pistols were goin just grand untill the media found out about them, whey ruin it for other shooters as well.:confused:

Who is feeding the troll, :mad:

Ivan made a comment about the folding stocks and answers came in and a discussion in broad terms was had in relation to the variants of 22 lr available in some countries.

I voiced an opinion,Grizzly disagreed, Sparks voiced his opinion. Is it not better that we can discuss this instead of "The say nothing, batton down the hatches, dont mention xxxx" approach,

Remember to have a firearm in Ireland one needs to have a good reason for obtaining one in the first place, so to be it a folding stock, traditional stock, thumb hole stock etc you have to be able to prove a vaild reason for wanting it, Target or game, hence the querying nature of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Ivan out of curiosity whereabouts in the North did you see these stocks for sale? Quite interested in one myself. (Just missed out on gettin one in the adverts section :mad:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

i'll dig you out a name and some gps co-ords as soon as she returns with the wallet & car (my wallet)..
    Its a great shop, lots of things to look at but a little pricey.
    I'll pm you later but i see the price tag on them
    £(sterling)110.

Its about 10-12miles west of Newry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

To get back on thread. I have one, although I took it off a few years ago and the origional is back in place.

The ruger10/22 being a semi auto as we know is never going to be super accurate. But I always got good groups with it on, although there is a slight wobble at the hinge.

The advantages I found where portability, sticking it in a backpack and not attracting attention when travelling cross country etc.and a few mates who travelled by motorbike had them too.

I used it in many ranges around the country, with no problems, I do know of shooters objecting to rapid fire, and have seen a few large capacity mags over the years (25 and 50 round!!).

With the current climate and uncertainty of our sport, I dont think they give the image we want.....and yes I know it's still the same firearm, but joe public doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Malaga2

For what its worth I have tried the folders and didnt really care for them. If anyone cares heres a US link.
    http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0031476227292a.shtml

I can pick one up and ship to Ireland if anyone absolutley has to have one....

• Advertisement
Advertisement