Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania Returns

Options
  • 04-02-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

I have to return a LCD for repair purchased from Pixmaina, I have received the paperwork in a email etc, but I was just wondering if I am responsible for the cost of the return to France. The email is not very clear on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Generally you would be responsible for the cost of shipping it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Which pixmania did you purchase it from? What are their T's and C's?

Good luck with it, though. There are many reports on here [if you searched]. Pixmania are an after sales nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Tippex wrote: »
    Generally you would be responsible for the cost of shipping it back.

Shipping it back to France, if he/she purchased it from the Irish store? Seems a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

Purchased from Pixmania.ie website in May 2007. Pixmania website informs me it has extended its warrenty (samsung 1 year) to 2 years. I have seen the previous posts on issues with Pixmania, and am not looking fowarded to this. Very hard to find a contact email address to find out about return costs if any. Purchased with PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

eventhough it would have been from the irish store it still ships from france.
    Unless things have changed recently there is no actual irish presence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

When you buy from Pixmania.ie you are buying from France. You would have to ship it back to France. You will have to foot the bill and find your own courier to send it back. Have you checked how much it will cost? Sorry, but you're not going to be happy when you see..

I bought a Yamaha amp from them a little over a year ago. It developed a fault. There is a two year warranty on all Yamaha stuff. I raised a return with them only to find it was gonna cost €200 or something crazy like that to get it to France. I contacted Yamaha and they directed me to their website where I found a service centre in NI that would fix it under warranty.

So maybe you should try giving Samsung a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

I was Not looking hard enough :rolleyes:

WARRANTY AND AFTER-SALES SERVICE

Who pays for return shipping fees ?

"If your product malfunctions and our technical analysis reveals that the malfunction is covered by the warranty, we will reimburse you for shipping fees.
    Please keep a record of your shipping fees and send us a copy by postal mail, remembering to include your order number, to the following address:

Pixmania Customer Service
    43-47 avenue de la Grande Armée
    75016 Paris
    France

NB: If the malfunction is not covered by the warranty (e.g. for accidents or if the product is dropped, etc.) shipping fees will not be reimbursed"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

If the repair is to do with a faulty item then check the third post in this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055470145

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I had read somewhere that the seller is responsible for return shipping fees in any circumstance where a product is found faulty...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Komplett: Aaron

Under law, the seller is obliged to pay for the return under warranty. It's EU law, not Irish; besides, if you purchase from Pixmania.ie it's an Irish transaction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement