Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current gen Sports games

Options
  • 04-02-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I am a PS3, PC, DS and Wii owner. I went for the Wii at first this generation because of the potential of the controllers. As with most people i was blown away by Wii sports. The controls are so intuiative and natural for those sports and make for great games of tennis and golf. Also more recently Pro Evo 2008 really is special in my opinion. It may not be very intuitive and it is tough to get into but it really draws you in once you start figuring out how and why its different to the traditional footy games. For example, sending players on runs manually, passing by pointing and clicking.

I got frustrated with the quality of games coming out for it so i bought a PS3 for all the hardcore games as people say:) One problem is that third parties besides Tiger Woods and Pro Evo have yet to give us a good sports game on the Wii.

What i have noticed is that i'm buying action/adventure games on the PS3 but i can't bear playing a sports game with the traditional controllers anymore even though online is far and above anything you get on a Nintendo console. Anybody else feel like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

i actually can not see the point of buying madden or tiger woods on the ps3.
    It just feels wrong now to go mashing buttons now instead of flailing around like a drunk monkey

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

What I'm about to say would of sounded like sacrilige to me a few years ago but on the ps3 pick up the new fifa - I also love Pes 2008 Wii - and for a non wii controlled game of football this is pretty ****in brilliant Pes has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Played PES 2009 for about 4 hours straight on Monday offline against a mate. I still think it beats Fifa offline. It is defo harder to get into this year but the rewards are there.

Online though, Jesus H. Christ. It is unplayable-a joke. I don't even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Myself and my mate actually can't go back to playing Fifa or Pro Evo anymore with the normal gamepad. We both agree that the Wii Pro Evo makes for a better game of football than the PS2 versions. When you pull over a pass that you have a player run onto and splits the defence, oh man:D. So much more satisfying than pressing triangle and hoping the AI goes where you intend!

The Xbox/PS3 versions are the same as the PS2 versions apart from better online and fancy graphics or am i wrong?

Just as a side note, the online on Pro Evo on the Wii isn't great either!

Advertisement