Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fable 2 Problems

• 04-02-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Anybody having problems with Fable 2 freezing during play? Bought it new (so it said) from eBay a couple of weeks ago and now it's freezing. Pretty sure it's not my console as I had the RROD before Xmas and got the console replaced.:(

Comments

The exact same thing happened to me, but as I RROD'd soon after, I put the freezing down to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah mine freezes for short periods after particular autosaves and sometimes when I'm flicking through my clothes really fast. New console too so I dunno, it hasnt happened much to me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Never had mine frozen, have Arcade xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Silly question, but is your xbox connected to the interweb and has the update been downloaded?
    Think this was a big issue for a week or so after launch until it got patched

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mine crashed a few times though not that often. Just part of the game. As tman said - try updating if you haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Haven't downloaded the update yet but I've played 14 or so hours and it's only started now. :confused:

I found major problems with the music playback if there was a lot going on later in the game - as you go forward and become good/evil skinny/fat etc the crowds react more to you and so there's far too much load on the speech and the disc has to spin up constantly to squeeze in all the public's reactions - this seemed to cause major slow downs for me in busy areas and even crashed it once or twice.

Download the NXE dashboard update and install the game onto the hard drive - ran smoothly for me after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I had a few problems with slow loading and the occasional freeze the first couple of times I played. But after installing it to the hard drive haven't had any problems since.

Although I did download some updates around the same time so it could have been those that fixed it.

I installed the update this evening guys and so far so good so cheers for that! There is still a small lag though and the music cuts out from time to time.

Stupid question : What's all this about installing the game to the hard-drive!?

The new dashboard update (New Xbox Experience) lets you install the game to the hard-drive for quicker load times and a silent xbox during playing (disc doesn't have to spin up).

When you're on the "My Xbox" section and the game is viewed in the first pane you can press Y I think to go into the options for that game. One of the options is install to Hard Drive. It takes a while but it's well worth it.

You still need the game in the drive to load the game but it means all the data is taken from the hard drive so everything is smoother and load times are quicker. Works wonders for fable.

For more info see Eurogamers Feature.

• Advertisement

Phew! Thought I was letting myself down there by not knowing but I only updated today and didn't even have a chance to check it out! :P I'll do it tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

i've only tried it for fable. I think some games might not be able to install tl the hd. Someone on another thread mentioned halo 3 not being able to run from the hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

matrim wrote: »
    i've only tried it for fable. I think some games might not be able to install tl the hd. Someone on another thread mentioned halo 3 not being able to run from the hd

Halo 3 can be installed to the hard drive but it is officially not recommended by Microsoft as the loading times become longer, not shorter (as should be the case). Most games work fine off the hard drive and do load a bit faster, though it's worth it for the noise reduction alone!

All my Fable II problems were sorted anyway guys. Finished the game last Friday! Cheers for the help!:pac:

The link I gave to Eurogamer's feature on it says there are a few that cannot run from the HD and also a few that actually increase load times.

For me the main benefit is not having the 747 engine noise while playing.
    Trevor O wrote:
    All my Fable II problems were sorted anyway guys. Finished the game last Friday! Cheers for the help!

So how disappointing was that ending eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah but at least you can continue on playing. Nice room for a sequel though. Anyone on here play this anymore becuase I haven't played co-op yet and was looking for someone to muck around with.
    Gamertag: richiepunx

Could've been better I agree (won't go into details for obvious reasons!). I enjoyed it overall though I must say. I love Oblivion like but it's nice to play an RPG every so often that you don't have to completely give your life to to finish! :)

Yea. I couldn't believe though that
    You spent sso long building up for what I thought was going to be a big show down against the bad guy and then - pop - he's dead with one swipe.
    Major disappointment.

I did play on afterwards - got all the gargoyles and bought the castle which has a fairly lengthy side mission in it with a funny twist in the form of a choice at the very end. After that I faded away and stopped playing - although Fallout 3 came along too.

Yea. I couldn't believe though that
    You spent sso long building up for what I thought was going to be a big show down against the bad guy and then - pop - he's dead with one swipe.
    Major disappointment.

I did play on afterwards - got all the gargoyles and bought the castle which has a fairly lengthy side mission in it with a funny twist in the form of a choice at the very end. After that I faded away and stopped playing - although Fallout 3 came along too.

Haha! Yeah, I was
    getting bored listening to his sh*te and shot him once thinking "obviously this isn't going to work" and away he fell down the hole!!
    :pac:

Advertisement