Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N9 Castledermot to Kilcullen -when will it open?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Someone mentioned we should borrow the JCB from the local ATM robbers and do it ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Has anybody gone to any radio stations protesting about this yet?

tommycahir wrote: »

KFM and WCLR have done pieces about it this morning. The folks over in Infrastructure are going on Joe Duffy this afternoon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

tommycahir wrote: »

Have a look at the last few pages in this Thread Tommy, my fellow Ballon Boarder

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372962&page=98

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi kwalshe

looks like there is some momentum going with this so, I know Newstalk breakfast had it on their show this morning and they were also baffled as to why the delay was happening when the NRA had already approved it as being safe to open on Monday! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

The sceptical part of me thinks a business owner in the Crookstown area may be a big Fianna Fail man and got around Dempsy to put off opening the road until after xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dilby

It probably wouldn't surprise any of you to find out that a local business owner in Crookstown (not naming anyone in particular!) is actually related to Charlie McCreevy

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

Pat Black - Tel.00353 087 2598506

Spoke with Cllr. Black and as far as he is concerned he wants the motorway opened.:)

Willie Callaghan - Tel 00353 086 2341009

Cllr Callaghan not aware of the full details yet. Due to call me later in the afternoon after he speaks with KCC. :rolleyes:

Geraldine Conway - Tel 00353 086 8032538

No answer :(

Mark Dalton - Tel 00353 086 4099723

Dealing with a personal matter presently

Liam Doyle - Tel 00353 086 3849424

No answer:(

Suzanne Doyle - Tel 00353 045 521046

Will try calling her later:)

Daragh Fitzptrick - Tel 00353 087 2538184

No answer

Martin Miley Jnr - Tel 00353 087 3998478

Fiona O’Loughlin - Tel 00353 087 2345160

Understands frustration. Seems to be an issue with KCC handover from Roadbridge to NRA.:confused:

Paul Kelly - Tel 00353 086 2560548

He spoke with KCC and they have not received full sign off from NRA/contractor.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Just announced on Today fm news,

It will be open on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well i'm sending one into matt cooper and george hook!! i'm sure matt could get conor from the AA on who i now has posted on this site. It really is just r p!ssing on us as people who commute already long hours in the dark in unsafe conditions spending unneeded

Edit: just heard on radio that the road is going to open on monday!!!!!

STICK IT TO DA MAN!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I rang Kildare CC this am and looked for Charlie Talbot,he could,nt take the call,however he did ring me back and informed me that:

Kildare CC had no hand or part in announcing the opening date next monday.

So who did?
    Has there been a comment from the NRA yet?

Who informed the media and AA of the opening date
    Was it a hoax?

So what the hell is going on?

Be careful,another forum on the same subject is advocating illegal action on Monday and has closed down!

I received a phone call from Michael Fitzpatrick TD to tell me the road is infact opening Monday. Well done to the power of the people.

Appearently Minister Dempsey annouced it according to the radio news report.

But then again this is a Fianna Fail goverment renouned for their u-turns in a very underhanded way so will be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Well done folks..Its true the squeaking cog does get oiled..:)

M9 IS OPENING ON MONDAY

Just been on the 1pm News

People power has won the day

Well done folks!!!

matt cooper on today fm about to do item on this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

racso1975 wrote: »
    matt cooper on today fm about to do item on this

its on now; Miley is on.
    he opened with 'welcome to the circus down here Matt'. plank

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Had an entertaining monring, spoke to Enda Kenny who said Phil Hogan was going to raise the matter then I spoke to Phil Hogan who confirmed he was going to raise it in the Dail and said he was trying to get the Dept. of Transport to clarify the issue.

Then I spoke to Sean Power for a good while and he said he had lobbied previously to get an interchange at the Priory but he hadn't looked for a delay. I told him about the campaign here and advised he be proactive and contact the Dept of Transport and get to reverse the decision which has been done thank god.

Villain wrote: »
    Had an entertaining monring, spoke to Enda Kenny who said Phil Hogan was going to raise the matter then I spoke to Phil Hogan who confirmed he was going to raise it in the Dail and said he was trying to get the Dept. of Transport to clarify the issue.

Then I spoke to Sean Power for a good while and he said he had lobbied previously to get an interchange at the Priory but he hadn't looked for a delay. I told him about the campaign here and advised he be proactive and contact the Dept of Transport and get to reverse the decision which has been done thank god.

Now its even more laughable
    They are opening the motorway on Monday but NOT having an official opening untill January!!- remember thats going to cause more chaos when it happens-What a country, God help us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭simatoel

What does this debacle prove? that Fianna Faill still puts the sectoral interests of publicans, auctioneers, shopkeepers, builders and the like over and above the majority of the public who elected them, and whose interests they are meant to serve.. Dempsey was keeping the motorway closed so that a publican friend could benefit from the Christmas trade before his pub was bypassed. For this alone he should resign. This is the same practice that prevented bottleneck towns from being bypassed in the seventies and beyond, fianna fail councillors and TD's in the pockets of the Vintners. He has learned nothing, nor have any of the fianna fail machine. They should be voted out of office for a hundred years, beyond living memory. FF off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I'm away for a few days and will arrive back on Tuesday. So I can now say without fear of contradiction "Never Knowingly In Castledermot".

Thats sounds good.

I notice all the new signs at Kilcullen have Ballyshannon on them. Where is Ballyshannon?- Its a townland that happens to have a school and a pub that opens at 7pm in its area,its not even a village like Calverstown or Narraghmore,there is not even a sign for it on the Athy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Yeah Cant wait for my drive home on Monday, Heared it wont be open till the afternoon so I wont get the pleasure of been on it in the morning. NO MORE Hold ups in Castledermot, no more looking at them digging up the roads, putting down new roads and the redigging them back up. Ive never seen a town for roadworks.

This is the best Xmas Present the government can give me this year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

It will be a little sad not to have to go through the miserable town of Castledermot. Its almost a part of all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

passed through for the last time tonight. was already through it before I realised it was an occasion :)
    roll on tomorrow night heading south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dont count your chickens yet as it is not unknown for u-turns to be made by ministers at the last minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

foggy_lad wrote: »
    dont count your chickens yet as it is not unknown for u-turns to be made by ministers at the last minute!
    Foggy,

He ain't gonna u-turn on this , he is stupid but not that stupid.....
    I'm gonna take a picture as I drive through C-Dermot in the morning. The last time I will ever drive through it I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just passed by kilcullen and 2 tractor and trailers parked on south side facing north3 Garda cars there is there a protest???

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Just passed by kilcullen and 2 tractor and trailers parked on south side facing north3 Garda cars there is there a protest???

Cone collectors.

Advertisement