Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N9 Castledermot to Kilcullen -when will it open?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I drove on the M9 sbout an hour ago. It is indeed a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

lucylu wrote: »
    It is not 80km from all the way from the off Ramp to the Maxol on O'Brien Road. what about the 60 km from Merek.

Testicle :o

http://www.nra.ie/NetworkManagement/RoadWeatherInformationSystem/

Salt does not act immediately when it is spread on existing ice or snow. Hence the need for precautionary salting. The ice or snow surrounding each salt granule has to be turned into a saline solution. The action of traffic is essential by moving the salt granules around and eventually melting all the ice or snow. On more lightly trafficked roads the surface will remain icy for some time after salting.
    It must therefore be stressed that the spreading of salt does not mean that the road surface will instantly become ice-free. In freezing or near-freezing conditions, always drive with great care even if the road has been salted.

Boys slow down

WAYYYYY too much time on your hands.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Testicle :o

http://www.nra.ie/NetworkManagement/RoadWeatherInformationSystem/

Salt does not act immediately when it is spread on existing ice or snow. Hence the need for precautionary salting. The ice or snow surrounding each salt granule has to be turned into a saline solution. The action of traffic is essential by moving the salt granules around and eventually melting all the ice or snow. On more lightly trafficked roads the surface will remain icy for some time after salting.
    It must therefore be stressed that the spreading of salt does not mean that the road surface will instantly become ice-free. In freezing or near-freezing conditions, always drive with great care even if the road has been salted.

Boys slow down

I'm embarrassed for you that you looked that up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

My first drive along this road was ruined , I ran out of water for my windscreen so I had to crawl along while peering out through the mud! I was tempted to take the Castledermot turn off to get to a garage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Boys slow down

Just posting here reallt to say..
    Cop on to yourself with your 'Boys slow down' mantra bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

SV wrote: »
    Just posting here reallt to say..
    Cop on to yourself with your 'Boys slow down' mantra bullshít.
    It's only a safety reminder. How can that be b***t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

how about Women slow down i was overtaken on it today by a female driver she was doing well over 200kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

My first drive along this road was ruined , I ran out of water for my windscreen so I had to crawl along while peering out through the mud! I was tempted to take the Castledermot turn off to get to a garage!

so did you turn off or did you continue driving like an absolute idiot, putting yourself and other drivers in danger.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Right i'm nipping this in the bud right now.

This thread is for discussion of the Castledermot bypass only not to pass comments on posters/other motorists driving styles. There is a motoring forum here or alternatively Ranting & Raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tomtraubert

Now its even more laughable
    They are opening the motorway on Monday but NOT having an official opening untill January!!- remember thats going to cause more chaos when it happens-What a country, God help us

How will it cause chaos. Do you really think they are going to stop the traffic on the motorway and have an opening ceremony.

What will happen is what happened on the N7 after they widened it to 3 lanes, it was officially opened well after the job was mostly finished. The ceremony took place on one of the bridges. No chaos.

I'd say what will happen here is that they will have the official opening on the section of the athy link that is due to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey i'm just wondering if anybody else has found the cross winds to be really bad on this road? Wondering if it's just the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

Yep, crosswinds are pretty bad. Very dangerous when overtaking large vehicles as you can go from shelter to a sudden burst of wind. This is always going to be a problem as the road is elevated with no natural shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Senan

Hi

I agree the crosswinds are lethal, I thought it was my car, also my tyres make weird noises at certain parts on that road, anyone know what the story was with the smoke on the N7 yesterday evening?

Later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

racso1975 wrote: »
    Hey i'm just wondering if anybody else has found the cross winds to be really bad on this road? Wondering if it's just the car.

Yep me too. I drive a smaller type Volvo and she sticks to the road very well but on the day i drove this I noticed the cross winds too.
    And the tyres make a kind of roar as well....

Advertisement