Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best broadband to get

Options
  • 04-02-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey havent a clue about broadband have eircom wireless at the moment but moving in to a apartment with no phoneline just wondering whats the best one to go for iv seen the vodafone plug in one is that any good.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Im guessing you have Eircom DSL at the moment off the wireless hub that they supplied.

Wireless Internet i.e 3G is TOTALLY location dependant.
    If you have no phone line in the new apartment NTL Cable would probably be the best way to go, if your landlord will permit it.

What location will you be moving too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Anon47

If u fancy hanging the 3G dongle out a window just to get a decent signal then its definitely for you. Check out the Midband sub-forum to get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wayno78

Just following on from blueovals query. I too am living in an apt and am looking to hook my new laptop up to internet.
    Ive no phone line either and Im living in Ongar, D15.
    Apt is wired up for broadworks - who I want to stay away from.

I tried Irish broadband, but there was no signal.
    Just got 3broadband yesterday. Seems fine but Im not convinced on its speed.

Any other options available to me without getting phone lince?

Cheers

Advertisement