Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension levy grades

Options
  • 04-02-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Can anyone tell me
    What rate will people who earn over 300,000E pay?
    Will it be 9.6%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

heard on the news it'll be treated like normal pension contributions - so you'll get tax and prsi relief. which is nice if your on top rate of tax and a kick in the stones if you're on the lower rate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

tapjlk6 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me
    What rate will people who earn over 300,000E pay?
    Will it be 9.6%.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

before anyone gets excited, bear in mind that there are only about 12 people earning €300k+ out of ~350,000 public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

pete wrote: »
    before anyone gets excited, bear in mind that there are only about 12 people earning €300k+ out of ~350,000 public service.
    The President is the only one I can think of,not even sure about that after she took the cut in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 morke

There is a rough and ready pension levy calculator at
    http://www.joinatraduenion.com
    and a downloadable excel spreadsheet at www.finance.gov.ie/documents/pressreleases/2009/bl066calculator.xls

morke

• Advertisement
Advertisement