Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any authors out there

Options
  • 04-02-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hiya, Just wondering if there are many unpublished authors out there. We all have great ideas but does anyone really write the book that is inside everyone of us! let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

yes. they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebookman

has anyone written a book and not found a publisher for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smithrdn

Want to know more about your idea, you can believe me as a good writer. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've the first chapter of a novel written. It may take 10 years but I'll finish it!

Been thinking about the concept for years.

Dades wrote: »
    I've the first chapter of a novel written. It may take 10 years but I'll finish it!

Been thinking about the concept for years.

you should try Nanowrimo next november. That's what i did. If you stick with it, you'll have a first draft written by the end of it. After that, it's just a matter of editing it into something you're happy with.
    There's only one way to get a novel written and that's just to sit down every day and write the bastard till its done....

• Advertisement

how about posting a chapter or paragraph for all to see and read, maybe comment on and take it from there. Just an idea!

thebookman wrote: »
    how about posting a chapter or paragraph for all to see and read, maybe comment on and take it from there. Just an idea!

creative writing forum's thataway..
    >

thebookman wrote: »
    Release my high concept idea before it's written? No way! ;)

Besides, praise or criticism won't help me... I need a babysitter and/or two broken legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

one of those can be arranged :D

LoLth wrote: »
    one of those can be arranged :D
    Uh oh. Lump hammer or blowtorch? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Dades wrote: »
    Uh oh. Lump hammer or blowtorch? :eek:

axe + red hot skillet :) no watered down adaptation for me thank you very much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

LoLth wrote: »
    axe + red hot skillet :) no watered down adaptation for me thank you very much :p

Haha:D

Dades, my advice to ya would be to start on a chapter you would have most fun writing. You dont have to start at the start.

Think the best way to go is the self publishing method a la ebook. At least it is in the public domain and protected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

creative writing forum's thataway..
    >

Since when did my scrollbar become the creative writing forum?

Advertisement