Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New site

Options
  • 04-02-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

this is a post to tell you about our new website [HTML]www.beliefsystem.webs.com[/HTML]
    The name has nothing to do with whats in it , its got my comic super team minimum wage and a novelette by Scuba Steve ,a colleague of mine.

.................. its free....?
    jl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Its really hard to read any of the comics, the lettering is either to small or to faint or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

was tempted just to lock the thread for beign a shill but decided to give it a read.

so. some constructive criticism:

the good:
    1. its free.
    2. the web page colours are easy on the eye.

the bad:
    I'll break this into sections:

the web site:
    poorly laid out. the comic pages run off the side of the screen causing you to scroll across. (I'm at 1280x1024 resolution)

for a website to do with comics etc the plain banality doesnt inspire much confidence in the quality of the productions.

the comic:
    I have to say, I have no idea what age group you are aiming this at.
    I have no idea what age the artist is. I would guess 10 but I really dont mean to insult anyone. its... basic. not polished for public ocnsumption.
    I have no idea what age group the story is written for, again I would guess 10 . it really is childish, still fun, but in my opinion, not worth the time it took to read.

the story:
    what? I really do hope this isnt serious. It sounds like the random imaginings of a six year old playing.

the writer needs to learn pace, punctuation and the proper use of words to convey an idea.

Overall:
    if you are kids: then honestly, very well done. its a really good effort.

taken as an equal with other comic sites/short story sites: its probably about average to be honest (thats scary)

from my personal point of view: thank god it was free. I found it childish, amateur and if not meant as a bit of fun, then really a waste of time.

sorry I cant say anythign more positive. well done on actually putting up a website though and well done on actually putting up content. I know a lot of people who never even have the drive to go that far with a project. Work on your content, definitely work on your stories, keep in mind that sometimes not everything that pops into your head *should* be in a story and that less actually can result in a better overall production. Take some more care and time with the drawing. rough pencil doodles are not really what I would call a comic ready for public consumption - unless that is the style you were going for, in which case, congratulations, you succeeded in making a comic that looks liek it was written and sketched by children for children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jlenahen

LoLth wrote: »
    was tempted just to lock the thread for beign a shill but decided to give it a read.

so. some constructive criticism:

the good:
    1. its free.
    2. the web page colours are easy on the eye.

the bad:
    I'll break this into sections:

the web site:
    poorly laid out. the comic pages run off the side of the screen causing you to scroll across. (I'm at 1280x1024 resolution)

for a website to do with comics etc the plain banality doesnt inspire much confidence in the quality of the productions.

the comic:
    I have to say, I have no idea what age group you are aiming this at.
    I have no idea what age the artist is. I would guess 10 but I really dont mean to insult anyone. its... basic. not polished for public ocnsumption.
    I have no idea what age group the story is written for, again I would guess 10 . it really is childish, still fun, but in my opinion, not worth the time it took to read.

the story:
    what? I really do hope this isnt serious. It sounds like the random imaginings of a six year old playing.

the writer needs to learn pace, punctuation and the proper use of words to convey an idea.

Overall:
    if you are kids: then honestly, very well done. its a really good effort.

taken as an equal with other comic sites/short story sites: its probably about average to be honest (thats scary)

from my personal point of view: thank god it was free. I found it childish, amateur and if not meant as a bit of fun, then really a waste of time.

sorry I cant say anythign more positive. well done on actually putting up a website though and well done on actually putting up content. I know a lot of people who never even have the drive to go that far with a project. Work on your content, definitely work on your stories, keep in mind that sometimes not everything that pops into your head *should* be in a story and that less actually can result in a better overall production. Take some more care and time with the drawing. rough pencil doodles are not really what I would call a comic ready for public consumption - unless that is the style you were going for, in which case, congratulations, you succeeded in making a comic that looks liek it was written and sketched by children for children.

Thanks very much for the advice.

The Season one was just some doodeling I did for fun. I then decided to produce a website for my comics etc. I put the season 1 up to see the feedback for the actuall Comic (Thanks for the feedback by the way) Season 2 is still being written and is being written with the intention of putting it on the site so it will be of a much higher quality.
    The story line for season 2 will be a lot less "childish" and more fun. We have changed some of the characters around. I will try to improve the layout of the site over the next couple of days. We are going to be choosing a definate age group from now on.

Thanks for taking time to view our site.
    Please come again to see season two and give your opinion on it.
    JL

Advertisement