Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Download Retailers

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

A World Of My Own

A new service currently in beta (32bit OS only at the moment).
    Its main selling point is you can play the game while downloading them. Some games for examlpe will only require to have 20% downloaded and you can start playing them. They where giving away free copies of Rome Total War to beta testers.

Amazon Game Downloads

Amazon have launched a beta for casual game download system. They except to be doing mainsteam games at a latter stages.

Also Microsoft have stated they plan to sell full games through the games for Windows Live system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Maximilian wrote: »

Since I can't contribute anything useful, I'll just criticise:
    It's actually Good Old Games

Good thread though, might be worth a sticky.

Or at least add it to the resources sticky in Bargain Alerts

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

MOH wrote: »
    Since I can't contribute anything useful, I'll just criticise:
    It's actually Good Old Games

Good thread though, might be worth a sticky.

Or at least add it to the resources sticky in Bargain Alerts

yeah I know; typo on my part :)

Not sure you could include Steam in Bargain Alerts these days though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I've seriously gone off downloads, firstly alot of the time they aren't significantly cheaper (if at all) and when they include any form of authentication unless they're one of the big boys I'm always wondering about their long time survivability.

The physical disc and packaging is becoming more appealing to me these days.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Must say I've seriously gone off downloads, firstly alot of the time they aren't significantly cheaper (if at all) and when they include any form of authentication unless they're one of the big boys I'm always wondering about their long time survivability.

The physical disc and packaging is becoming more appealing to me these days.

I loved Steam up until recently but you are right in that respect. There's no reason they should be as expensive as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

http://g2play.pl/
    Koneko pointed us towards this in the L4D cheap thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is it legal though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is it legal though?

Yeah.

Here's another one

Gamesplanet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

those in the US can use http://www.gametap.com/ those outside the US can still access their free stuff.

Advertisement