Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vote for Google's St Patricks Day Logo

• 04-02-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

http://www.google.com/intl/en_ie/doodle4google/vote.html
    Judging and Prizes
    Groups

The competition is open to all students attending a school in Ireland. Doodles will be judged in the following four groups:

* Junior Infants Senior Infants, 1st Class, 2nd Class
    * 3rd Class, 4th Class, 5th Class, 6th Class
    * 1st, 2nd, 3rd Year
    * Transition Year, 5th Year, 6th Year

Expert Judging Panel

The expert judging panel was made up of:

* Fionnuala Croke, Keeper & Head Curator of the National Gallery of Ireland
    * Grainne Ryan, Public Health Nurse and presenter of RTE's 'Baby on Board'
    * Dr. Michael Drumm, Principal Clinical Psychologist and Psychology Manager at Dublin's Mater Hospital
    * Dr. Michael John Gorman, Director of the Science Gallery, Trinity College Dublin

Judging Process
    312 County Finalists

3 county finalists will be chosen by Googlers for each judging group in each of the 26 counties:

Prizes: Doodle 4 Google certificate
    104 County Winners

1 county winner will be chosen by our expert judging panel from each judging group in each region.

Prizes: Framed copy of their doodle, doodles to be displayed on the Doodle 4 Google website for public vote, Doodle 4 Google goody bag, invite to an event in the Google Headquarters in Dublin.
    4 National Finalists

The public will be asked to vote online for their favourite doodle from each judging group, to help select the four national winners.

Prizes: Each finalist and their teacher will receive a laptop each.
    1 National Winner

Dennis Hwang, Google's original doodler, will pick the overall national winner

Prizes: The winning doodle will be hosted on Google's homepage for 24 hours on St Patrick's day in Ireland, the UK, US and Canada. The winning school will receive a €10,000 technology grant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Lol at the one of Brian Cowen in the 5th-6th years group.

As someone in Google deemed it fit to divide the winners by county I have decided to exercise the age old Irish tradition of "Begrudgery" and only vote for Dubs :D

Yes...yes I did just go there and bring racism and xenophobia into a childs competition :pac:

Let the battle comence! Come on the Dubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its surprising how few of them actually directly draw st patrick or things related to the him his legend and religion

ps all this is good example of inappropriate corporate brand marketing in schools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think we need to make Brian Cowens silly head all over the place :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

There are some really good ones there from every level. It's quite hard to choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Some of them are really, really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

A lot of the Celtic design style ones were excellent.
    I did vote for the Brian Cowen one though... even if the creator is from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

cowan ftw lads,
    national drive to get his mug allover the web for the day is on, someone get on to Ray Darcy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Ray D'arcy?:confused: What will he do?

Doesn't he have a show with 2 muppets?

And was on TV with Zig and Zag too...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

*The ones in the Jr./Sr. Infants section is a shambles... They call this art now a days feckin kids is all I'll say. Stevie Wonder could do better

*The following may be slightly over critical but serves them right

EDIT: Reading the comments, "My Snowman likes Google. His name is doodle he likes to google" Feckin snowmen.... In March... Damn 6 year olds and one of them by an 8 year old says Googie not Google.. Gah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Eh time to viral vote for Brian Cowens one? Its great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

Hard Larry wrote: »
    Ray D'arcy?:confused: What will he do?

Doesn't he have a show with 2 muppets?

And was on TV with Zig and Zag too...:pac:

D'arcy on todayfm is down with the kids you know, he makes things happen, he's got a fairly big base, bar with students, who arent awake earlyenough to listen in.

just noticed the overall winner that gets put up is picked by the main google artist. scrap my last plan =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Arttie

Hi everyone I'm one of the finalist in the T.Y/5th/6th Year group my entry it's the one called "The Session"(the last one on the middle column)please show some love and vote for me will'ya thanks a million!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loz_91

hey,
    my design is in the ty/ 5th/ 6th year group it's called "my isle of wishes" please take a look at it and vote, it couldn't be more irish! the colours, flag and symbols of saint Patricks day!
    please vote!
    laura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Arttie wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm one of the finalist in the T.Y/5th/6th Year group my entry it's the one called "The Session"(the last one on the middle column)please show some love and vote for me will'ya thanks a million!!:)

loz_91 wrote: »
    hey,
    my design is in the ty/ 5th/ 6th year group it's called "my isle of wishes" please take a look at it and vote, it couldn't be more irish! the colours, flag and symbols of saint Patricks day!
    please vote!
    laura

Fair play to both of you, they're both really good.

My vote went elsewhere though :pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

All rainbows and pots o' gold and Guinness. :rolleyes: Can someone draw Nenagh or some other realistic example of what Ireland is like? I'm going for the Cowan one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

It has to be Cowen lads! Its classic. Plus the guy hasn't won an election yet so he could do with the boost.

It fairness I think it would be an excellent symbol of one of our nations greatest traits - our ability to laugh at ourselves. This recession is gonna last a while, we might as well start getting a bit of criac out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ameena_riham

heyy!!!...my name's ameena riham...i'm 4m dublin..i'm one of the county winners in this comp....PLSSSSSS VOTE 4 ME... in the 1st/2nd/3rd YEAR category...to be specific its the first column, 6th one down with the irish flag in the background and molly malone!!!!.....nd comments appreciated too!!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Cowan gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

not one pic of a fight or people puking in the street. It's not Paddy's day without a bit of that.

We should all send in goatse style logos and vote on them:

• Advertisement
Advertisement