Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo Wars Demo

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

halo wars does exactly what it sets out to do imo

its not one for the rts hardcore or anything like it, and nor does it ever claim to be

what it does is offer the casual rts player an enjoyable game

hardcore rts games have very little place on consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

No its a very well develeoped well marketed indepth cash in franchise!

Casual rts? but that defeats the purpose of 'real' - 'time' - 'strategy' if i wanted casual ild pick up Duck Hunt and blast away at that to kill time.

If they wanted to be serious why didnt they take time developing it further and getting it on pc ... give it 4months and it'll be on pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Casual rts? but that defeats the purpose of 'real' - 'time' - 'strategy' if i wanted casual ild pick up Duck Hunt and blast away at that to kill time.

i dont think casual rts defeats anything. if you want an in depth rts, halo wars isnt for you, but everyone knew that already

yes its probably a cash in on the franchise, but that doesnt make it any less enjoyable for people who wouldnt be massive rts players (like me).

"casual" isnt always a dirty word. it can sometimes provide one of 2 things for players

a) a gateway into a genre they mightnt necessarily been interested in looking into

b) a game for people who just dont have the time any more to spend hours and hours on a fully featured game

i used to like rts games, but then i used to have more than a few hours a week spare to play games recreationally. halo wars offers me something i can just sit down and jump straight into for 40 minutes to an hour, and you know what? its bloody great at what it does

nobody is going to approach the game expecting an in depth title, so i dont think that has to be factored in

Advertisement