Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Government Jets

Options
  • 04-02-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Is there any way of finding out on a day to day basis, the whereabouts of the irish government jets, who is using them and for what purpose?

The news that it cost €164,000 for Mary Coughlan & Willie O'Dea's failed mission to Dell HQ just shows that, even in this economic crisis, some of our leaders insist on wasting our money to satisfy their own egos, and seem incapable of finding alternative travel options - e.g the option that they would take if the money was coming straight out of their own pockets.

I think that the people of this country are entitled to know the exact whereabouts of both jets, at all times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BistoKid wrote: »
    Is there any way of finding out on a day to day basis, the whereabouts of the Irish government jets, who is using them and for what purpose?

The news that it cost €164,000 for Mary Coughlan & Willie O'Dea's failed mission to Dell HQ just shows that, even in this economic crisis, some of our leaders insist on wasting our money to satisfy their own egos, and seem incapable of finding alternative travel options - e.g the option that they would take if the money was coming straight out of their own pockets.

I think that the people of this country are entitled to know the exact whereabouts of both jets, at all times.
    I would suggest equipping the Government Jet with GSM so it can avail of the new "Google Latitude" service announced today. We the tax payer can watch and track it live on our computer screens. :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/02/04/google.latitude/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well just checked and a flight from Dublin to the nearest airport Austin Texas is at most €2800 pp and at the cheapest €676pp excl taxes.

It sums up how out of touch and arrogant these people have gotten over the years. What I really despair at is they keep getting re-elected in every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

BistoKid wrote: »

On the basis that they are both military operated, while I agree with the sentiment, you are unlikely to get "exact whereabouts" for security reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If the entire government was crammed into a private and it crashed, I don't know how the country would survive without them.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If the entire government was crammed into a private and it crashed, I don't know how the country would survive without them.:rolleyes:

LOL, what a great way to get rid of them. How many Cowens and Harneys can you fit in.

160k to fly them 2 eejits to M Dell, and it could have cost less than 2k for a day return for both of them.

This is what the gov needs your tax money for.

There should be a question on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

And, as someone pointed out in another thread, they would have known there was nothing they could do. It was simply to be seen to be doing something, no matter how futile, that they went on that trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

SkepticOne wrote: »
    And, as someone pointed out in another thread, they would have known there was nothing they could do. It was simply to be seen to be doing something, no matter how futile, that they went on that trip.

Yeah, but the stupid F*ckers should have went by economy.

WHATS THE POINT IN MORE TAX IF THEY ARE JUST GONNA P1SS IT AWAY

Advertisement