Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of NBB??

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

hilz1 wrote: »
    hi id give you the €100 euro they offered you it would not be worth €200 as it has been used, alternatively we could reconnect you please im not touting for business just trying to help you get operational so you wont be losing out €200 euro. bets of luck anyways

Thanks for the offer of a reconnect but as I mentioned - I now have DSL via the phone line - it's 1Mb and unlimited download costing me just 20 euro a month . (on top of line rental - which I was paying for anyway). NBB probably saved me money by going bust because I had signed up with them for 2 years ! (DSL wasn't available here when I signed up)
    Re the equipment - I definitely paid a refundable deposit and a monthly equipment rental fee to NBB - so I don't own it.
    I was wondering - can the astra satellite dish be adapted for use for Sky ? If so I could make better use of it (We have Sky but their satellite is in a bad state )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Just fit a new 6 Euro LNB (the Sky LNB won't fit unless it has a separate adaptor to the Sky Dish).

Needs re-alinged too.

Put the old unit (ODU) way with the modem.

The Astra2Connect is a standard TV dish with standard LNB holder. But's pointing at the wrong satellite.

Best not to try using the twin coax ODU that is on end of arm at present.

P.S.
    I presume you mean the Sky Supplied dish. The Satellites are in fine shape, 22,500 miles above the earth.

You can wire brush the Sky Mesh dish and hammerite paint it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

:):) Yeah - I meant the dish :)
    Thanks for the info Watty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

Guys
    If a customer doesn't own the equipment as it was a refundable deposit,then surely the kit belongs to the liquidator?
    And ABB, regardless of their obvious links to NBB should make an offer to the liquidator? Or would that mean that NBB might then have money to pay some creditors....
    Anyway, as an aside, have many ex NBB customers signed up to ABB? How is the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

I was only on the ABB service for a while but it was the same as when on NBB - this is to be expected since both ABB and NBB are resellers of the same thing and the technology/equipment is the same.

I was with NBB for just 6 months but the service was good especially considering it was the only thing like broadband I could get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 garyhamptonmcp

www.micromagic.ie = www.micromagic.biz
    Never heard of them, so they can't have a huge install base. Their website makes them out bigger than they are.

Micromagic (satellitebroadband) are just a Sales agent for Satlynx
    http://www.satlynx.com/pages/partners.htm#ireland

Well, watty, that’s well worked out, the company have had the "in Partnership with Satlynx" logo on the front page out thier website like forever! boards.ie seem to be very digiweb orientated, oops, do I get banned for saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Wow Gary, dredging up an ancient thread just to bring attention to company you own - business must be bad!

Ah, a reply! Do you know what? I just googled my way into this and didn't look at the dates. And, I would love to a give a reply to your question and many others in this thread, but I just can't. You see I would probably get banned you see. I would like to make some comments about the eutel sat satellite that is going up, i would love to make some comments of my own about mine and some of Digiwebs ex employees dealings with them, but, you see, i just can't. I'm not really allowed to talk openly here. I have lots of advise about the whole satellite broadband industry but I would get banned for saying anything I feel. And, I didn't say I was from the company. I didn't say I wasn't eirther. But If a company is getting slatted isn't someone allowed to comment. I would say I may just just got barred but if not I would love to pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I never asked a question - I just pointed out that you dredged up an old thread to post a link to your company micromagic.ie

you are also posting in another old thread asking if "anybody else" has been cut off from one of your competitors :-

http://blogs.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64196628#post64196628

or did you just google your way into that one too?

These people wouldn't be my competitors even if I was from the mentioned company as all thier customers have been cut off. I would even go as far as to say Stephen Director of Aviatec is a nice guy and I would happily have a pint with the man any day of the week. But if this is a place of public service announments it would be fair to say, a good deal of people have invested in installs, had thier service cut permanently and may not know that they have somewhere to go. Fair comment?

• Advertisement

Also, SkyDSL were mentioned. I agree with watty on that one. It's only one way and outdated. at the time it helped some people out who couldn't get anything else. A lot of people were very happy with it. On the other hand the company in Germany were nearly inpossible to communicate with and some people had a very bad experience. I wouldn't have anything to do with them at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 echidna

I am an ex-member of NBB that also joined up with ABB. I didn't want to and there may be other options, but none as cheap as just re-using the equipment that I had already installed. I did think that NBB were a bunch of cowboys and still don't trust them fully in their new guise as ABB, but in fairness to them, the service I have had to this point has been OK.
    I would still prefer proper broadband, but eicrom say "not in the short-term" (3 months), not in the "medium term" (3-6 months) and probably not in the "long-term" either > 12 months. (Their words when I asked them!!!)

Advertisement