Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear piercing closed even after 6months of wearing?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Why??? I did everything they said, took my earring out for 3 days and now my ear is nearly back to normal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

did you think it'd stay open forever ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 I Louis

did you think it'd stay open forever ???

No.....but after a while the ear is supposed to stop coagulating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I Louis wrote: »
    No.....but after a while the ear is supposed to stop coagulating

This makes the least sense out of anything ever. I have no idea what you're on about.

coagulating is what happens to your blood when you die. You make no sense. A piercing is an open would, your body will always try to heal it

Gauge wrote: »
    This makes the least sense out of anything ever. I have no idea what you're on about.

LOL MY BAD. I picked up coagulation somewhere and thought it meant that. Retarded me.

Anyway back on topic.

My sister got both her ears done, kept the ear rings in for 6 weeks non-stop and then took them out for the space of a few days, and the holes didn't close up for her? Why?

• Advertisement

Because everyones body is different? Your piercing shouldn't be scabbing anyway, and whether it is or not has nothing to do with whether or not the hole will close.

Because everyones body is different? Your piercing shouldn't be scabbing anyway, and whether it is or not has nothing to do with whether or not the hole will close.

Well should I just drop the whole idea of keeping a piercing? I'm forced to take the ear ring out in school and by 4 o clock I have to go through too much pain to put it back in.

Yes drop the whole idea if you have to take it in and out daily

Yes drop the whole idea if you have to take it in and out daily

Finally an answer appears. Thank you.

Finally an answer appears. Thanks you.

Finally? You posted that question less than 4 minutes ago!

• Advertisement

Finally an answer appears. Thank you.
    finally? You said you had it in for 6 months. Not in and out daily for 6 months.

Finally? You posted that question less than 4 minutes ago!
    For such an active thread I expected it earlier. Not being an impatient bitch, it's just that I asked a question and people knowledgeable on the topic took their time in delivering an answer.

we can only do so much with misleading posts :rolleyes:

we can only do so much with misleading posts :rolleyes:
    Yeah I suppose I did **** up with the whole coagulation thing.

One more question is how is it the other guys in my school can do the exact same as me but put their ear rings back in with no problems?

For such an active thread I expected it earlier. Not being an impatient bitch, it's just that I asked a question and people knowledgeable on the topic took their time in delivering an answer.

Yep, this is a knowledgable forum- which means an ear piercing could refer to one of the MANY lobe/cartilage piercings, a stretched lobe piercing, a gunned lobe piercing, and you never told us how long you had it!

Details get results, ambiguity doesn't!

One more question is how is it the other guys in my school can do the exact same as me but put their ear rings back in with no problems?
    Because everyones body is different?

Results!

bodies dont heal the same. I wouldn take my lip piercings out for 30 mins and i had them over a year, one my maes could take it out for two days after only 6 months

Curse my ears. Well thank you two for the help. Now if you'd excuse me I'm going to my room to cut myself as realizing what a waste of 6 months maintaining it this has been has made me depressed. Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you have to hide it, try putting in a retainer after its healed

Yep, this is a knowledgable forum- which means an ear piercing could refer to one of the MANY lobe/cartilage piercings, a stretched lobe piercing, a gunned lobe piercing, and you never told us how long you had it!

Details get results, ambiguity doesn't!
    Just a simple one through my lobe. The basic.

• Advertisement

Wait til the summer next time, and switch to a retainer or glass jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My 10mm stretched lobe still closed up when i leave the plug out for too long.
    When i had my lips done, they would close up after an hour, or at least the skin would heal over them

Do you have long hair? Just wear studs untill you finish school if they are that strict about it and leave your hair down to cover it.
    Get studs of a similar colour to your skin, wear glass studs.
    Don't buy and studs from claires accesories or any other cheap place as such, they'll probably lead to an infection and you'll have to take out your piecings anyway.

Any help?

CianRyan wrote: »
    My 10mm stretched lobe still closed up when i leave the plug out for too long.
    When i had my lips done, they would close up after an hour, or at least the skin would heal over them

Do you have long hair? Just wear studs untill you finish school if they are that strict about it and leave your hair down to cover it.
    Get studs of a similar colour to your skin, wear glass studs.
    Don't buy and studs from claires accesories or any other cheap place as such, they'll probably lead to an infection and you'll have to take out your piecings anyway.

Any help?

Yes, very.

Unfortunately I don't have long hair, at the moment.
    And yeah I love the idea of having something to fool my teachers, at least from a distance.

Just looking through this again and retainers are exactly what I need.

Now, for my final question and then I'll piss off: Where do I get a clear/skin coloured retainer for my lobe piercing? I live in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

try celestial ring in stephens green or bodyshock in temple bar

try celestial ring in stephens green or bodyshock in temple bar
    Alright awesome I've got music on Saturday morning in Stephens green so I'll check it out.

Have any directions from the luas stop?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you can't find your way into stephens green from the luas stop there's more than the piercing just closing up wrong ;)

For Celestial Ring, try here.

I'd also suggest trying Snakebite, middle abbey street.

Im a bleeding muck savage and even i can find it!

In fairness, I think you only bleed after your fights and after particularly vicious wedgies...

ha ha ha fairly sure there was no blood...but then again you got a close up view of my boxers...any blood splatter?? :P

• Advertisement

Hah, I managed to be one of the last to be punished, it was probably all wiped off by then :pac:

Advertisement