Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andybody know were in Dundalk you can get a nct underbody car wash

Options
  • 04-02-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

any ideas were in Dundalk does a good underbody car wash?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

This doesn't answer your question, but I have had 3 NCT's done. I drive on building sites and have only ever gotten a normal car wash before the NCT and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Aikon2009 wrote: »

I'm not sure whether they still do it, but there is a place beside Hill Street bridge that did it for me a few years ago.
    Also on the bypass - used to be called Qwik Fit (beside FAS) - can't remember what they are called now, but they had a wash outside and they do an underbody wash as well. I think they are still there.
    Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Also, there's an underbody wash just past the Lisdoo on the Forkhill road, on the right heading out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

+1 for not bothering. I was advised years ago not to bother and haven't for any of mine, no problems as yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Aikon2009 wrote: »

I never knew you had too get this done :confused:

I have personally never done it!

muck hides the rust :D

Note: My car does not have rust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

try the place just past the lisdoo on the armagh road.i got mine washed there before.they'll put it up on the ramp and give it a good wash for ya.
    The only other place i know of that had a ramp was that place on dublin road but its closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Global Tyres in the Ramparts do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TheSpoon

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    This doesn't answer your question, but I have had 3 NCT's done. I drive on building sites and have only ever gotten a normal car wash before the NCT and never had an issue.

A friend works in the NCT centre and its usually only checked on older cars were the brake pipes etc.. need checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Should they not check the brake pipes on all cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

TommyT wrote: »
    Should they not check the brake pipes on all cars?

Exactly my thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

TheSpoon wrote: »
    A friend works in the NCT centre and its usually only checked on older cars were the brake pipes etc.. need checking.
    Whats your friends name so I know not to get him when I'm down getting cars NCT'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

OP...why don't you get hold of a pressure washer and DIY :confused:
    If you don't have one they're only about 30 quid in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Aikon2009

thanks for all your help:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Texaco garage across from the college has it advertised

Advertisement