Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS Problem

Options
  • 04-02-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I ordered a laptop from Dabs.ie and they gave me the tracking info for UPS this morning, however when i put the number in it says no such shipment exists, i rang UPS they said Dabs probably gave me the wrong number, chatted to Dabs and they said the number needs to go "live" (they said that at lunch time today) and that it should be done in the next few hours! As far as i am aware isnt the UPS tracking info updated on the hour and that once its picked up by the UPS van it should be in the UPS system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The tracking information usually doesn't become active until the part is actually shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The tracking information usually doesn't become active until the part is actually shipped.

When you say shipped do you mean loaded on a plane that departs for Ireland or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hogzy wrote: »
    When you say shipped do you mean loaded on a plane that departs for Ireland or what?

Dabs can obtain a tracking number when they hand the parcel over to UPS. But the tracking numbers dont get activated until they are prepared for shipping at their Depot. Can take up to 24 hours depending on the timeframe you paid for. They mostly update the tracking numbers when the item is about to be shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

As far as i am aware isnt the UPS tracking info updated on the hour and that once its picked up by the UPS van it should be in the UPS system?

Dabs, like any big courier customer, would have a number of tracking numbers pre-assigned to them, so they can pack and prepare for shipping in advance (and get discounted shipping rates for doing all that). Your number is most likely valid, just not been accepted by UPS for delivery yet. A more accurate status might be "Advised" or waiting on the UPS pallet for the truck to come at close of business. It's a common practice, although some stores hide the number until after the UPS guy has come and gone, so that it's more likely to show up on the tracking info when the customer gets the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I ordered a laptop from Dabs.ie and they gave me the tracking info for UPS this morning, however when i put the number in it says no such shipment exists, i rang UPS they said Dabs probably gave me the wrong number, chatted to Dabs and they said the number needs to go "live" (they said that at lunch time today) and that it should be done in the next few hours! As far as i am aware isnt the UPS tracking info updated on the hour and that once its picked up by the UPS van it should be in the UPS system?

The tracking only works when its first scanned by UPS, i.e. by the courier that pics it up.

Same for all the big companies, pre-printed labels that they affix to a box and dont show up until it hits a van or courier.

Whats the consumer issue ?

• Advertisement

craichoe wrote: »

Whats the consumer issue ?

the consumer issue was IN MY OPINION that UPS or Dabs were supplying me with an incorrect tracking number... Thats the issue

And im the consumer since im using their service... Hence consumer-issue!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Its not an incorrect tracking number though. Its the correct number, just hasnt got its first scan yet. Give it time. Im sure it will be active by now and have a destination scan on it. It will have arrived at one of the warehouses this morning so should recieve an inbound scan.

Arrived at my house this morning...Strange since it was only picked up in UK last night! and its standard UPS delivery!All the tracking info updated over night

Advertisement