Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone and Eircom.net Email

• 04-02-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an idiots guide to setting up the 3G iPhone with Eircom.net email?

I have used mail1.eircom.net as the incoming server, and the o2 SMTP server for outgoing. I also tried the new Eircom webmail smtp server to no avail.

My head is wrecked. Does anyone out there have eircom.net set on their iPhone? If so, any tips?

Thanks,
    MJ

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im still trying to get mine working with eircom email.I can receive alright but not send.

If anyone has an answer Id appreciate it aswell.On meteor btw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idiots guide to setting up the 3G iPhone with Eircom.net email?

I have used mail1.eircom.net as the incoming server, and the o2 SMTP server for outgoing. I also tried the new Eircom webmail smtp server to no avail.

My head is wrecked. Does anyone out there have eircom.net set on their iPhone? If so, any tips?

Thanks,
    MJ

The new Eircom server, webmail.eircom.net, should be used for the incoming (POP3) mail server.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im still trying to get mine working with eircom email.I can receive alright but not send.

If anyone has an answer Id appreciate it aswell.On meteor btw!!

Use mail.mymeteor.ie as the outgoing (SMTP) mail server, which should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Tried that... no joy.

Tells me the username or password is incorrect.

if my email address as Eircom.net is 123456789@eircom.net then I presume my username is 123456789 or 123456789@eircom.net I also presume that my password is the exact same password that allows me to log in to the webmail.

My incoming mail server is set as webmail.eircom.net
    My outgoing is set as smtp.o2.ie

I can't see what else could be the problem... I am stumped. I should also say that this is not my iPhone, but my bosses.

mj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I use:
    mail1.eircom.net or mail2.eircom.net as the incoming server.
    I use o2.smtp.ie as the outgoing one (i'm with o2).
    These work fine for me on a WM device.
    Your username and password would be as you described.

Are you using "o" instead of "0" in the o2.smtp.ie.
    Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Tried that... no joy.

Tells me the username or password is incorrect.

if my email address as Eircom.net is 123456789@eircom.net then I presume my username is 123456789 or 123456789@eircom.net I also presume that my password is the exact same password that allows me to log in to the webmail.

My incoming mail server is set as webmail.eircom.net
    My outgoing is set as smtp.o2.ie

I can't see what else could be the problem... I am stumped. I should also say that this is not my iPhone, but my bosses.

mj
    I recommend you look at this thread and also this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement