Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed USB Problem

• 04-02-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

I hope someone can Help, I have a HP Desk top and the USB's have all stopped working,I have tried a few things but no luck, i Tried system restore but for some reason it wont let me restore.If i go to Device manager it says all the Usb's are working , .
    Now this happened (i think) when i was backing up an external Hard drive, .I was backing up an external to external Hard drive, Both powered, I have done this loads of time before without any problem.
    If some one could offer any advise it would be Great.

Bandit

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

USB is hot plug so you can disconnect the devices without electrical problems.

Files and folders are not hot plug, if you remove the power before preparing to remove a drive there is a chance of corruption

if all USB devices aren't working then uninstall all the USB controllers in device manager and let windows pick them up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Will give that a go, and get back to ye, Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

If it is just affecting usb memory sticks and hard drives then Its possible you have a Drive letter conflict. Open Computer management > Right click on My Computer and select Manage.

Under Storage devices check if any of your USB devices are listed here. If you see your USB drives in here with no drive letter assigned then right click and select the Change drive letter option. This should get your drives back, if thats what your problem was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Ok i got this sorted but had to by pass the usbs as there is no power at them i had a guy look at it and he rekons the power supply from the board is fecked, so i just bought a few usb pci cards, so its all sorted, Thanks for the help

Advertisement