Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Info on Pet Allergy Air Purifiers in Ireland?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All,

Help...I've just been told I'm allergic to cat dander!! But there's no way I'm giving up my 2 cats, ever!

Did some research online 2 discover some air purifiers can provide a solution, but can't find much info about ones in Ireland for sale or hire?

Has anyone ever encountered similar problems?

Any recomdations would be really appreciated...by me and my 2 babies:-)

Thanks,

Salsagal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hi,

I'm allergic to cats myself, diagnosed myself :) but it is definetly the cats,

My eyes get really sore at the worst time, breathing gets dodgy and throat gets sore,

I dont have cats, but they are in my girlfriends house.

I got anti-histimine tablets in boots and they do work well, you take one a day,

i also find washing my hands every now and then helps too, so as not to bring hair or what not near my eyes etc.

Also the cats are kept out of the room i sleep in, id recommend this to you - limit them to as much of the house as you can.

Have not tried one of the purifiers you mentioned, but hope you get help with your allergy.

Advertisement