Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer needed ASAP!

• 04-02-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm hoping to find a photographer (or a few) who are eager to get out on the streets of Galway to capture images that are young, fresh, and vibrant.

Top pics will be featured in mainstream media and on a leading Irish website.

This is not an ad or scam. No catch. There isn't a lot of cash on hand or anything like that, just a chance for up-and-coming young photographers to get their work out there, to get published, to get their messages out.

I know there are lots of shudderbugs out there, just not sure how to find 'em!

Help???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What's the brief? How many images, what content? How soon do you want them?

also try:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    http://pix.ie/search?find=galway
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=galway&w=all

and contact anyone who's pics you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 spuninthesun

Brief= very open-ended

It's for innovative local youth org SpunOut.ie

Check 'em out here: www.spunout.ie

Number of images= whatever people feel inspired or motivated to contribute

Content= Varied. Strong images that relate in one way shape or form to lifestyle/ culture/ pastimes/ issues/ etc of young people

How soon= Anytime from Now!

Please contact emily@spunout.ie for more info.

As I said, no catches here. SpunOut.ie works to encourage positive personal and social change, it's there for young adults through the highs and lows of life.

Publishing photos is one way to have your say, to get your work and messages across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

This kinda pix....:)

3150568721_722f03cc91.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What's your definition of young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

SpunOut.ie is an online resource for 16 to 25 year olds, connected to Community Creations. It's located here in GC so I guess that's why you posted here rather than Photography?

OP, pls be vary of "pushing" your site too hard on boards, particularly when you are new here - it can be seen as spamming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What the hell is a "shudderbug"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 spuninthesun

Hey Hotwheels, exactly that kinda image. nice shot! Really has that galway feel, doesn't it?

Note taken, Biko. Not trying to push the site. Just a brill opp, and as a young artist myself just want people to know that this opp is out there, especially for galwegians.

As for a def of young....ahhh sure it's really just a state of mind isn't it?!

There abouts 16-25....breathing room on both ends though.

Advertisement