Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do I make A Birthday Invite Like This?

Options
  • 04-02-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

birthday_invite.jpg

I kinda want the same layout, i.e font and such but have no idea what type it is or really no clue where to start, I do have photoshop though..

Sorry if this seems unimportant but I could do with a reply asap :)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

heres a blank one,, i just removed the text.

The text is all different fonts, Alot look standard, Just try a few see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Never ever take an image from the web that is going to print :)

That image will only be 44 x 33 mm when printed at 300 dpi, if you're worried about quality that is.

You could probably find vector images to suit on www.vecteezy.com which are free

Here's one I found that is not the same as the original in anyway :Dhttp://www.vecteezy.com/vf/690-Golden-Glamour-Frame

As for doing the type in Photoshop

It's just a thick font and the text is free transformed to fit, it is coloured differently and then an outer glow applied to the layers.

If you want to retain good quality going to print, then I suggest that the file is saved as a Print Quality PDF (File>Save As>PDF... choose Print Quality). As the text will output crisp and clear.

You can source vectors by googling things like: Chandelier vector free

One site I came up with is http://www.dewantoro.net/search/how+to+make+chandelier+vector

It shouldn't take long to source things like this. Of course the frame and the background can easily be done in photoshop, just source some tutorials on making frames. The background is just a few ornaments, you could draw them or simply find some similar ornaments.

You can do the curtains yourself, look up some tutorials on how to use Displacement Maps.

The rest is really down to how you apply shading for lighting effects.

You'll have to source free:

Chandelier

Curtains

Picture frame

Ornaments

Then put it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

great reply Hank.... and nice site.. never knew about it,, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Shoulda looked harder... the curtains are just different gradients from black to red, red to black and black-red-black. Just need to draw in the individual shapes and apply gradients etc. perhaps a tiny bit of noise to the black channel of the curtains to give a bit of grunge-look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Never ever take an image from the web that is going to print :)

That image will only be 44 x 33 mm when printed at 300 dpi, if you're worried about quality that is.

You could probably find vector images to suit on www.vecteezy.com which are free

Here's one I found that is not the same as the original in anyway :Dhttp://www.vecteezy.com/vf/690-Golden-Glamour-Frame

As for doing the type in Photoshop

It's just a thick font and the text is free transformed to fit, it is coloured differently and then an outer glow applied to the layers.

If you want to retain good quality going to print, then I suggest that the file is saved as a Print Quality PDF (File>Save As>PDF... choose Print Quality). As the text will output crisp and clear.

You can source vectors by googling things like: Chandelier vector free

One site I came up with is http://www.dewantoro.net/search/how+to+make+chandelier+vector

It shouldn't take long to source things like this. Of course the frame and the background can easily be done in photoshop, just source some tutorials on making frames. The background is just a few ornaments, you could draw them or simply find some similar ornaments.

You can do the curtains yourself, look up some tutorials on how to use Displacement Maps.

The rest is really down to how you apply shading for lighting effects.

You'll have to source free:

Chandelier

Curtains

Picture frame

Ornaments

Then put it all together.

Oh no I am not printing it off I am sending in mail!
    But thanks a million, Great reply :)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement