Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

law's on hosting a server in ireland.

Options
  • 04-02-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

does anyone who where i can read the law's on hosting a server in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

does anyone who where i can read the law's on hosting a server in ireland?

There is no specific law on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i was more referring to warez hosting and what the implications would be.

obviously i wouldnt be file hosting, more of a site for sharing links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

No idea about warez hosting and its implications, but this is not the place for legal advice, this is really something you should talk to a solicitor about. As much as boards is a good place to come for advice there is a site wide rule about things like medical/legal advice i.e. don't give it as it could lead to trouble for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

i was more referring to warez hosting and what the implications would be.

obviously i wouldnt be file hosting, more of a site for sharing links.

Not a good idea.

Anyway, IIRC there are no laws against this (i.e. I don't think the Government can bring you to court over it).

However, the copyright holders can bring you to court over it.

Apart from that, unless you have the facilities its going to be hard to get someone to host it here in Ireland. I know ALL the hosting companies here will refuse.

iRock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thanks for the info guys. i was talking more about hosting the site myself at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

That would probably be in breach of your ISP's AUP and result in your service being terminated.

Advertisement