Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

36,000 Jobs lost yet mass imigration contines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That's Lenihans fault for telling the world we were doing well.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/PPSN/Pages/ppsn_all_month09.aspx

8,261 Immigrants applied for pps numbers in January the same month where 36,000 people lost there jobs, utter madness which is in no way sustainable.
    Yes yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

And shure why wouldnt they?

Get your pps number and go on the dole!!! 200 euro dole, rent allowance, childcare, med card. Do a few nixers and and bobs your uncle... You name they get it!! Great country ireland

It's about time something was done about it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Once its 8261 hot single wimmin I dont care.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Let's kill all the scumbags to make room for hot eastern european wimminz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

pipsqueak wrote: »

Get your pps number and go on the dole!!! 200 euro dole, rent allowance, childcare, med card. Do a few nixers and and bobs your uncle... You name they get it!! Great country ireland

You really don't understand how the system works do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Crazy figures, imigration should be halted completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

There is no problem with a smalll amount of immigration just not mass immigration espically into such a small country as Ireland, all immigration should be halted into this country now, we have to get work for our own workers first, and with predictions of over 500,000 on the dole by end of year, immigration should be halted yet not one politican will raise this subject in the Dail, there so scared of the P.C crowd, well a lot of people are really getting pissed off with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sure where did the Irish go in the 80s? Britain was in recession and had 3 miilion unemployed in the mid 80s.

• Advertisement

The Saint wrote: »
    You really don't understand how the system works do you?

i know that our country is been raped by welfare spongers and assisted by lefty bleeding heart liberals!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

There is no problem with a smalll amount of immigration just not mass immigration espically into such a small country as Ireland, all immigration should be halted into this country now, we have to get work for our own workers first, and with predictions of over 500,000 on the dole by end of year, immigration should be halted yet not one politican will raise this subject in the Dail, there so scared of the P.C crowd, well a lot of people are really getting pissed off with this.
    Your ignorance of our position in the EU is scary. Ever hear of freedom of movement of labour? Or is it only Irish people that are allowed be cheeky immigrants?

There's no jobs and they sure ain't coming for the ****ing weather.:rolleyes:

galwayrush wrote: »
    There's no jobs and they sure ain't coming for the ****ing weather.:rolleyes:
    There are jobs. Irish people are just too stuck up to take menial work. They'd rather sponge off the Dole and watch Ricki Lake than clean toliets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

KerranJast wrote: »
    ? Or is it only Irish people that are allowed be cheeky immigrants?

It seems so, Irish starting to go all over the world again, taking jobs from locals, but it seems that is ok ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

i know that our country is been raped by welfare spongers and assisted by lefty bleeding heart liberals!!!!!!!
    I'll take that as a no from you too. Maybe instead of looking at immigrants as welfare spongers we should be looking at our homegrown ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

For the bazzilionth time, you need two years PRSI contributions before you can sign on the dole. But dont let that get in the way of your xenophobic nonsense.

Your ignorance of our position in the EU is scary. Ever hear of freedom of movement of labour? Or is it only Irish people that are allowed be cheeky immigrants?

Freedom of movement? I think not my friend , Ireland the u.k and sweden were the only 3 countries that allowed freedom of movement of labour, the other 12 european countries didnt allow it. So dont be telling me about free movement of labour in the E.U, when we were the most affected by this policy and the other 13 excluded the freedom of labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

well if he had to open your mouths in the first place instead of saying' bring them in' we wouldn't be in this situation and about 200000 Irish people would have jobs and there would be more money too cos irish people don't send there hard earned cash to Poland etc.

When this recession is over we will know its wrong to bring in immigrants. Its bad for the economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Are you for real? If you're a EU worker coming to this country, you ain't get nothing unless from social welfare you have been working here for 2 years.
    Only then could you claim the dole the same as all the unemployeed people in this country.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    For the bazzilionth time, you need two years PRSI contributions before you can sign on the dole. But dont let that get in the way of your xenophobic nonsense.

ah the good old one size fits all, lefty fall back line ... your racsit!
    (how wonderfully original)
    :rolleyes:

Plug wrote: »
    When this recession is over we will know its wrong to bring in immigrants. Its bad for the economy.
    *facepalm* The fundemental thing an expanding economy needs is cheap labour which they provided. Go open a textbook and learn something other than "Dey Turk er Jerbs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Working in recruitment I can say that the Irish are not refusing to do what you consider to be "menial jobs"! I think the Irish would rather be earning money than spending hours waiting in a queue for 200euro!

Plug wrote: »
    cos irish people don't send there hard earned cash to Poland etc.

And of course the irish never send money home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ah the good old one size fits all, lefty fall back line ... your racsit!
    (how wonderfully original)

Check the difference in the dictionary.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭muffinob1

Galwayrush with a name like that I'm guedding from the west..

How many relations neighbourd etc do you have in Boston it's like a mini west of Ireland over there since the 80's.

It's builders and bankers with their crazy wages for last 10 years that caused a problem. Without those people you are giving out about most pubs, shops and coffee shops would have closed in the last 10 years cos God knows Irish people were too good for those jobs. Would ye all cop on and grow up and stop moaning they are is entitled to come here as we were in the 80's. Also have you seen the figures for Irish people looking for visas to USA and Australia in the last 6 months!!!

Cop on and grow up - no wonder they have Irish need not apply signs up in Poland if they met people like you here

Working in recruitment I can say that the Irish are not refusing to do what you consider to be "menial jobs"! I think the Irish would rather be earning money than spending hours waiting in a queue for 200euro!

Of course there not refusing, this was what the P.C crowd and the vested Interests have been telling the sheeple for years, only now most Irish people are waking up to all this madness, wait until a political party emerges that has a strong immigration policy and they will get massive support, then the P.C left wing liberals crowd can go take a hike.

Of course there not refusing, this was what the P.C crowd and the vested Interests have been telling the sheeple for years, only now most Irish people are waking up to all this madness, wait until a political party emerges that has a strong immigration policy and they will get massive support, then the P.C left wing liberals crowd can go take a hike.
    If you move to England you can join National Front. They'll suit you to a tee. Although that would make you of of "dem immigints". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IHATELIBERTAS

Trailerparkboy:
    Heading over myself too, dont know what the work situation is like but i hear the cities except for adelaide have few jobs. If your thinking of going to canada theres still lots of work, lived there myself for a few years, however dont go to eastern canada if your looking for work vert bad wages there, you can get double the wages in Alberta and if u want to go to the Yukon (where i was) the wages are very high plus lots of overtime plus great people and great quality of life.

go to canada and please dont come back.

If you move to England you can join National Front. They'll suit you to a tee. Although that would make you of of "dem immigints". :rolleyes:

Actually maybe the UK, US and all the other countries can get the irish out and send them home, see what that does to our unemplyment figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Look at the strikes in the UK this week if you need an example of what is surely going to become more widespread as the recession wears on. Welcoming more and more immigrants into the country while more and more of our own are losing jobs with every day that passes is just ridiculous. I don't care what the PC brigade find to whinge about that, it is just not workable in the current economic climate, and no amount of fluffy talk about having open arms or other such **** is going to wash this time.

IMO, immigration should be stopped completely until we have at least managed to get the country back to some sort of balanced state. It is no use letting people come in and take jobs, when our own unemployment rate is hitting nearly 10%.

trailerparkboy whats your view on the largest number of immigrants in this country, the british?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Freedom of movement? I think not my friend , Ireland the u.k and sweden were the only 3 countries that allowed freedom of movement of labour, the other 12 european countries didnt allow it. So dont be telling me about free movement of labour in the E.U, when we were the most affected by this policy and the other 13 excluded the freedom of labour.

Ohh jesus h christ....

What your incorrectly refering to is the Free movement rights of nationals of new member states clause from the 2003 and 2005 Treaties of Accession.

These state that EU members can, at their discression, have a blockade on movement from new member states for two years, followed by a further three if they want to (and another 2 ontop of that if they really want to).

This, however doesn't apply to anyone coming from countries that were part of the EU already, and this has mostly expired for the nations from the 2003 and 2005 treaty.

This doesn't stop them from coming here, of course, it just means that they can be legally discriminated against when it comes to job interviews.

So, in effect, what you've said is at worst wrong and at best grossly misinterpreted.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Look at the strikes in the UK this week if you need an example of what is surely going to become more widespread as the recession wears on. Welcoming more and more immigrants into the country while more and more of our own are losing jobs with every day that passes is just ridiculous.

What about the Irish taking English,American .... jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

That is in a word - incorrect.

For the 1st 2 years after the EU enlargement Ireland, Britain and Sweden where the only countries to provide unfettered access to work for the accession countries. The other EU countries let the workers in subject to the visa process. At the moment all EU provide freedom of movement between EU countries. However remember that all the 'old' EU countries had freedom of movement during that period and now.

Also these figures are just bald figures you don't know where these people are coming from - be it England, the US, Australia, Thailand, Poland etc. The numbers of immigrants entering have dropped hugely in the last year, accompanied by large numbers of immigrants returning to there home countries.

muffinob1 wrote: »
    Galwayrush with a name like that I'm guedding from the west..

How many relations neighbourd etc do you have in Boston it's like a mini west of Ireland over there since the 80's.

It's builders and bankers with their crazy wages for last 10 years that caused a problem. Without those people you are giving out about most pubs, shops and coffee shops would have closed in the last 10 years cos God knows Irish people were too good for those jobs. Would ye all cop on and grow up and stop moaning they are is entitled to come here as we were in the 80's. Also have you seen the figures for Irish people looking for visas to USA and Australia in the last 6 months!!!

Cop on and grow up - no wonder they have Irish need not apply signs up in Poland if they met people like you here
    :confused: What on earth made you make a response like that when i didn't express any such opinion?:confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    What about the Irish taking English,American .... jobs?

Both countries are substantially larger than Ireland. Does that answer your question?

Both countries are substantially larger than Ireland. Does that answer your question?

No, no it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunshine007

ongarite wrote: »
    Are you for real? If you're a EU worker coming to this country, you ain't get nothing unless from social welfare you have been working here for 2 years.
    Only then could you claim the dole the same as all the unemployeed people in this country.

Just outta curiosity, if an individual has only been working for say a year and half and then finds themselves out of work, has no savings etc, are they still entitled to Nothing? No money to pay rent, or catch a flight home... cant claim dole.... what does that individual do?

• Advertisement

Also these figures are just bald figures you don't know where these people are coming from - be it England, the US, Australia, Thailand, Poland etc. The numbers of immigrants entering have dropped hugely in the last year, accompanied by large numbers of immigrants returning to there home countries.[/quote]

Hello take a look at the link, it gives a break down country by country of all the Immigrants and where they have come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Trailerparkboy:

go to canada and please dont come back.

So Trailerparkboy has been an emigrant, is going to emigrate again, and advocates emigration for other Irish people, but opposes immigration into Ireland. rofl

450 french!!!!! get em' out. :D

anyway most of them come into the country and leave shortly afterwards when there is no work to be found. pretty weird so many poles tho, over 1,000?

No it doesn't answer my question, the UK Economy is in a terrible state, likewise other countries, have you seen how many jobs are been lost daily?? Size of the country really has nothing to do with.

No, no it doesn't.

Let me explain it for you so:

Britain - Population=60.943,912(approx)
    U.S - Population= 303,824,640(approx)
    Ireland - Population=4,156,119(approx)

Please explain to me how a few Irish going to the UK or US for jobs,are going to have any sort of impact on job availabilty for native workers when their populations are so high? Do you see how people incoming to a nation as small as Ireland while unemployment is dancing around the 10% mark is completely unworkable?

I just thought I'd iron that bull**** point about Irish taking US/UK jobs, because I'm sick of the PC ****heads throwing out such stupid comments when it comes to debates about the effect of immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Let me explain it for you so:

Britain - Population=60.943,912(approx)
    U.S - Population= 303,824,640(approx)
    Ireland - Population=4,156,119(approx)

Please explain to me how a few Irish going to the UK or US for jobs,are going to have any sort of impact on job availabilty for native workers when their populations are so high? Do you see how people incoming to a nation as small as Ireland while unemployment is dancing around the 10% mark is completely unworkable?

I just thought I'd iron that bull**** point about Irish taking US/UK jobs, because I'm sick of the PC ****heads throwing out such stupid comments when it comes to debates about the effect of immigration.

There a 12 million illegal immigrants in the US, that's not including the legals so there are far more immigrants in those than here.

because if there was work there then the natives would be working those jobs not the irish.

muffinob1 , can you please explain post 27:confused:

because if there was work there then the natives would be working those jobs not the irish.

I don't think he can get his head around that one.

trailerpark boy u havent a clue. absolute hypocrit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement