Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

36,000 Jobs lost yet mass imigration contines

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FrancieB

KerranJast wrote: »
    *facepalm* The fundemental thing an expanding economy needs is cheap labour which they provided. Go open a textbook and learn something other than "Dey Turk er Jerbs".

"Dey Turk er Jerbs". Thats deadly. Laughin my ass off at that. WHat a bunch of ignorant fools........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

djpbarry wrote: »
    I’m curious to here the answer to this myself. I’m equally curious to know how an asylum seeker, who is paid a whopping €19 per week, can afford a brand new car?.

By beign a liar?
    Why do they get €1150 a month in rent payments in the first place?
    How does that make him an asylum seeker?.

Going home on holidays doesnt automtically make him one. However, saying he is would give you an indication.

Who do I talk to about getting my free car? My wife’s non-Irish, so I’m guessing I qualify?.

Cant help you there, I dont get a free car so I dont know who to talk to either.
    No, the problems start when people start believing everything they read on an internet forum.

What about what the people themselves are tellign you?

My uncles next door neighbour (lived beside them for about 5 years at this stage) was recently moved to a nicer house (clondalkin to Lucan, sure why not). She never worked either and had a car(not saying she got a free car but no job,having a car and being able to live reasonably comfortabley anyway is somehting nice to be able to go somewhere for)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Maybe they're all coming over for the famous Irish craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Stekelly wrote: »
    That depends on what you mean by "they"; everyone is entitled to claim rent supplement.
    Cant help you there, I dont get a free car so I dont know who to talk to either.
    Funny how nobody ever can, which leads me to believe that the myth about free cars is bull****.
    My uncles next door neighbour (lived beside them for about 5 years at this stage) was recently moved to a nicer house (clondalkin to Lucan, sure why not). She never worked either and had a car(not saying she got a free car but no job,having a car and being able to live reasonably comfortabley anyway is somehting nice to be able to go somewhere for)
    More anecdotes - means nothing. I've heard enough myths about supposed asylum seekers to know at this stage that most are nonsense. Take your uncle's next door neighbour -you're saying she's an asylum seeker, but she's been living in this country for 5 YEARS? It doesn't take that long to process an application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

:confused: Eh, no?

So it is fair for a migrant to work a job that could be filled by an unemployed native, because we are part of the EU?

re the rest of you: you wont ever get a genuine debate from djpbarry, only childish trolling. Ive seen it before on Politics, and if I am arsed later I will dig out a thread. One of these interwebz armchair pundits who talks big but would no doubt have an attack of paranoia if a family of Roma or travellers moved next door :)

Free rent is not a god given right under the asylum system, I am, however, of the opinion that it can be passed by a social worker, probably only for single mothers mind. The same way an Irish single mother doesnt have a god given right to free housing yet if they sell a certain sob story to a social worker they will get one (I know an umemployed 18 year old single mother living in privately built housing stones throw away from her mothers with rent paid for by the government. To add insult it is a 3 bedroom :eek: ).

On the same subject, there was that case recently of the Roma girl who was murdered in Dublin. She had been living in a HSE owned building. How, when Romanians are only meant to be allowed to come on a work permit basis, did a Roma end up living in state funded accomadation?

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    So it is fair for a migrant to work a job that could be filled by an unemployed native..
    Yes, of course. You think somebody should be entitled to a job in this country just because they're Irish? Bollocks.
    On the same subject, there was that case recently of the Roma girl who was murdered in Dublin. She had been living in a HSE owned building. How, when Romanians are only meant to be allowed to come on a work permit basis, did a Roma end up living in state funded accomadation?
    Roma ≠ Romanian.

Irish people seem to have a tremendous amount of difficulty grasping this concept.

Yes, of course. You think somebody should be entitled to a job in this country just because they're Irish? Bollocks.

So you would be happy to be unemployed in favour of an equally qulified migrant? Bollocks.

Roma ≠ Romanian.

Irish people seem to have a tremendous amount of difficulty grasping this concept.

She was a Roma. From Romania. Ergo, a Romanian citizen presumably. Romanians who come here on work permits are, AFAIK, not entitled to social housing. Why does it appear to be different for unemployed Roma?

Quit avoiding the ****ing question. Reported for trolling.

And one more thing. Please, enough of "dey turk r jawbz". The episode was a brilliant piece of satire on political correctness FFS. Essentially, using Randy to take the piss out of the likes of djpbarry who can talk PC until the cows come home but instantly turn into a protecionist once their own livelihood is threatened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

See the problem with these "misconceptions" is when they are coming from and being openly laughed about by the "asylum seekers". One of the lads I work with (I know him all my life, we are related through marriage, so not just some guy I met in work) has a house thats rented to one such woman, through the social welfare. She has no issue with claiming the €1150 a month rent as well as whatever other "income" she can get. She was only too proud to announce to him last month that she got her new car and he has to come outside to have a look (08 Mazda 5).
    By beign a liar?

"Asylum seekers" don't get rent allowance, ie - if you are an asylum seeker, it doesn't matter what story you tell, you don't get rent allowance.

How therefore can an "asylum seeker" pay rent and buy a car out the 20 Euro a week they get?
    Cant help you there, I dont get a free car so I dont know who to talk to either. .
    His last tennant had no issue tellign him he has been all aorund Europe for 7 years before settling on Ireland. He went home for holidays, and laughed about the social having bought him a car (an old corrolla but a free car nonetheless).

Thats a good one, because theres no such thing as a 'free car'. Not here, and not anywhere else that I'm aware of. However, you are free to prove me wrong by linking to the relevant legislation/application forms.

In fact, please do so, or withdraw the remark.
    tha gopher wrote:
    So it is fair for a migrant to work a job that could be filled by an unemployed native, because we are part of the EU?.

Free movement of labour is part and parcel of the EU. I suggest reading up on it. "fair" is neither here nor there, as its entirely legal. Discriminating against other EU nationals is - as far as I'm aware - illegal. You might consider the consequences of the 150,000 plus Irish nationals working in England being thrown out, before you start advocating discrimination.
    tha gopher wrote:
    am, however, of the opinion that it can be passed by a social worker, probably only for single mothers mind.?.

Opinion? Irrelevant. Either it can happen, or it can't. If it can, it will be governed by guidlines which you can refer to, and if it can't, perhaps you might consign your opinions to the bin.
    tha gopher wrote:
    She was a Roma. From Romania. Ergo, a Romanian citizen presumably..?.

She was here a total of three weeks and was staying with her family.

Nodin wrote: »

Free movement of labour is part and parcel of the EU. I suggest reading up on it.

Actuallt I suggest you read up on it. Only us, Sweden and Britain didnt opt, as would have been allowed, to restrict migration.

And anyway, sod the EU tbh. Silvio Berlusconi may be corrupt and may preside over an ailing economy but you can have nothing but respect for the way he ignores EU law.
    You might consider the consequences of the 150,000 plus Irish nationals working in England being thrown out, before you start advocating discrimination.

As said earlier the UK is as thick as two planks when it comes to the Irish. They let us in unchecked when they had high unemployment and the IRA were bombing London. Even today they cant be bothered drafting legislation to get rid of the Irish travellers making life hell for residents in villages on the outskirts of London. How many times, we dont owe anyone just because we benefited from the errors they made.

Opinion? Irrelevant. Either it can happen, or it can't. If it can, it will be governed by guidlines which you can refer to, and if it can't, perhaps you might consign your opinions to the bin.

Bollocks. And you know it.
    She was here a total of three weeks and was staying with her family.

Thank you for answering my question as to why they were living in state funded accomadation. :rolleyes: My question was why are Romanians of Roma ethnicity entitled to state funded accomadation but, seemingly, Romanians here on work permits are not entitled to it? Racial discrimination there surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

How therefore can an "asylum seeker" pay rent and buy a car out the 20 Euro a week they get?

On the Ponies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

FrancieB wrote: »
    "Dey Turk er Jerbs". Thats deadly. Laughin my ass off at that. WHat a bunch of ignorant fools........

Dese dirty dastards dare dill daking dere dawbs!!
    dnd dwe dav dno dawbs do dwer dare dese deople dettin de doney?!?
    dff de dovernment dnd de d....d...depurdment dof docial dnd damily dffairs drrrgh!!:mad:
    dlose de durs drgh:mad:

Actuallt I suggest you read up on it. Only us, Sweden and Britain didnt opt, as would have been allowed, to restrict migration.

...from the newer member states, thus making their presence here entirely legal, thanks bunches.
    And anyway, sod the EU tbh..

A wonderfully well rounded philosophy. That well certainly help over the next few years.
    Silvio Berlusconi may be corrupt and may preside over an ailing economy but you can have nothing but respect for the way he ignores EU law.

So despite the fact that he follows your line of 'sod the EU', the economy of Italy is still screwed....I'm failing to see whats admirable there..

As said (........)they made...

That paragraph makes no sense in relation to what it was supposed to answering. Nowhere did I state we were obligated to anyone else.
    Bollocks. And you know it....

No, it either can happen within the current framework or it can't. Your "opinion" is irrelevant. If it can, then you should be able to find some official guideline to the circumstances where its allowed. If you can't, then you're essentially fantasising or badly mistaken.

Wheres the links and references for your claims re the free car, btw?

...from the newer member states, thus making their presence here entirely legal, thanks bunches.

Yes, and nearly every other EU state realised this could be a bad thing in the future if the economy went pear shaped. Meanwhile the UK and ourselves based our decisions on some study predicting no more than something like 13,000 per year would arrive.
    A wonderfully well rounded philosophy. That well certainly help over the next few years.

Im sorry, I didnt realise being opposed to the EU eroding national freedom in decision making was a bad thing.
    So despite the fact that he follows your line of 'sod the EU', the economy of Italy is still screwed....I'm failing to see whats admirable there..

Check out his policies towards the Roma criminal gangs in Italy. Then you might see what exactly is admirable.

That paragraph makes no sense in relation to what it was supposed to answering. Nowhere did I state we were obligated to anyone else.

Your response to my first point would indicate that, yes, you do feel we are obligated.

Your "opinion" is irrelevant. If it can, then you should be able to find some official guideline to the circumstances where its allowed. If you can't, then you're essentially fantasising or badly mistaken.

:) The smiley is for the line "your opinion is irrelevant", considering the muck you are posting in response.

Are you telling me I dont actually know an Irish teenage single mother with no job who got a 3 bed house in a private estate a stone throw from her mams? Honestly?
    Wheres the links and references for your claims re the free car, btw?

Where in the **** did I mention free cars? Typical PC misquoting garbage. Trying to misrepresent an opposing viewpoint by telling blatant lies is a pretty hilarious way to win an arguement.

You fail. Badly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

On the car thing. I believe this is an urban myth. I think it came about because at one stage everyone assumed that every black face they saw was an asylum seeker. Inevitably it's always a friend of a friend of a relative who knows someone. In fact having worked with Africans over the years, many were irritated by that perception of them. Most are here legitimately. As they were working they bought cars like the rest of us.

I wouldn't mind but the free car myth is so obviously a story that grew legs and ran and ran. Anyone who has had any dealings with the social welfare know it's BS. I presume they also supplied petrol, tax and insurance?

In fact it is quite possible for asylum seekers to own a car. They may well have money. Real asylum seekers are often important and even wealthy people in their own country who fell foul of whatever regime was in power. Why is there always this impression that asylum seekers are poor starving wretches here for the high life on the dole? In any case asyslum seekers simply get don't enough money to buy much of anything, despite what your mate down the pub said.

Another thing, why do some of you take such umbrage when the words, racism and xenophobia are used? Anyone would think you were been accused of it. You can't deny there are racists. If you don't know any then you don't get out much or you're not 'different'. It isn't racist or xenophobic to be concerned about too much immigration. But racists are often 'concerned' about immigration.

Then there's the resort to accusing anyone who refuses to get worried about mythical hordes of foreigners swarming at the gates, as leftie, liberal and PC. How my friends would laugh at that description of me:rolleyes:

To summarise the non racist, non xenophobic but worried about immigration viewpoint. Apparently:

We are being swamped by foreign immigrants who are coming here to undercut Irish workers and take their jobs.

Or we are being swamped by foreigners who immediately sign on the dole and party on €200 a week.

Asylum seekers are given houses to live in and 08 cars to drive.

Every African you see is an asylum seeker.

Need I go on?

We don't have mass immigration now. At one stage we had because we needed them. Now that we don't need them anyone, certain people want 'them' out.

Cead Mile Failte indeed. We Irish are good at hypocrisy.

Im sorry, I didnt realise being opposed to the EU eroding national freedom in decision making was a bad thing.

Nothing wrong with coming out with an alternative. Unless that alternative is summed up as "sod the eu".
    Check out his policies towards the Roma criminal gangs in Italy. Then you might see what exactly is admirable..

So he's corrup, bucks the EU, still has a banjaxed economy, fails to tackle the Commorra/Mafia etc, but kicks around the Roma, therefore he's admirable? Hmmmm.
    Your response to my first point would indicate that, yes, you do feel we are obligated. ..

This is what you were resonding to...
    You might consider the consequences of the 150,000 plus Irish nationals working in England being thrown out, before you start advocating discrimination.

..again, I fail to see where "obligated" comes into it.
    Are you telling me I dont actually know an Irish teenage single mother who got a 3 bed house in a private estate?

What you stated was......
    Free rent is not a god given right under the asylum system, I am, however, of the opinion that it can be passed by a social worker, probably only for single mothers mind.

I'm saying asylum seakers don't get 'free houses'.
    Where in the **** did I mention free cars? Typical PC misquoting garbage. Trying to misrepresent an opposing viewpoint by telling blatant lies is a pretty hilarious way to win an arguement.

No, I had you confused with Stekelly as I answered you both in the same post.

So you would be happy to be unemployed in favour of an equally qulified migrant?
    I wouldn't be happy if I were unemployed, no. But I have worked abroad, so it would be pretty hypocritical for me to demand a job ahead of a non-Irish person. Furthermore, my wife is non-Irish and she works in this country, so I'm afraid I have a little trouble accepting the "jobs for the Irish" bull****. And before you ask, yes, I have been unemployed in the past. But rather than blaming everyone and anyone for my problems, I got off my arse and did something about it.

For the record, I think this country is screwed in the medium term; I don't think restricting immigration will change that. Most people in this country are far too busy blaming somebody else for the current state of the economy (government, bankers, public servants, immigrants, etc.) rather than focusing on what can be done to turn things around.
    She was a Roma. From Romania. Ergo, a Romanian citizen presumably. Romanians who come here on work permits are, AFAIK, not entitled to social housing. Why does it appear to be different for unemployed Roma?

Quit avoiding the ****ing question.
    I actually don't know who you're referring to. Link?

As said earlier the UK is as thick as two planks when it comes to the Irish. They let us in unchecked when they had high unemployment and the IRA were bombing London. Even today they cant be bothered drafting legislation to get rid of the Irish travellers making life hell for residents in villages on the outskirts of London.
    So Britain did not benefit in any way from Irish migration? Every Irish migrant in the UK is either a terrorist or a troublesome traveller? Or would it be fair to say that the overwhelming majority of Irish migrants to the UK went there to find a job and make a better life for themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That depends on what you mean by "they"; everyone is entitled to claim rent supplement..

Hoiw long would it take me to get approved for €1150 cheque every month for rent on a house (genuine question) if I walked in to the social welfare office tomorrow knowing nothing of any procedures?

What would I get if I went to the US?

Funny how nobody ever can, which leads me to believe that the myth about free cars is bull****..

I can get you the adress of the house if you want to go ask.

BTW I never said the current tennant got a free car I said she got a newcar, yet is getting €1150 a month for free. Why can someone who needs help off the government to put a roof over their head afford a €25k car?

The previous tennant spoke openly about beign given the car and laughed about the system that gave him so much.

More anecdotes - means nothing. I've heard enough myths about supposed asylum seekers to know at this stage that most are nonsense. Take your uncle's next door neighbour -you're saying she's an asylum seeker, but she's been living in this country for 5 YEARS? It doesn't take that long to process an application.

My uncle and aunt are god parents to the kids (she hadnt anyone else to stand for them). They were next door neighbours for around 5 years. They know her veyr well/. He has also been up in the newhouse doing work for her (he's a plumber).

I never said she was still an asylum seeker.

"
    In fact, please do so, or withdraw the remark.

No.

So I say he got a free car, I made it up?

He says he got a free car, I made it up? How does that work?

The only other explanation is he's a liar. I cant legislate for his lies.I can only go by what he says.

So Britain did not benefit in any way from Irish migration? Every Irish migrant in the UK is either a terrorist or a troublesome traveller? Or would it be fair to say that the overwhelming majority of Irish migrants to the UK went there to find a job and make a better life for themselves?

Irish people going abroad and what they do there is the problem of the country they do it in. End of.

OUR problem is what foreign people do here to abuse our systemand our money.

I wouldn't mind but the free car myth is so obviously a story that grew legs and ran and ran..

Well it's obviously spread to immigrants that have cars because they are perpetrating this myth. Example being right here in this very post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hoiw long would it take me to get approved for €1150 cheque every month for rent on a house (genuine question) if I walked in to the social welfare office tomorrow knowing nothing of any procedures?

If unemployed, a couple of weeks I'd say.
    Stekelly wrote:
    What would I get if I went to the US?

No, neither would an American here.

You should google Rent Allowance and see the qualifying conditions for yourself.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

K-9 wrote: »
    If unemployed, a couple of weeks I'd say.

He'd need at least 1 kid to qualify for €1000 or 2 kids for €1200 and must be in Dublin.
    See attached

Funny thing regarding the immigration debate. We had Gordon Brown stating 'British jobs for British workers'
    Does that mean he is an xenophobic racist? :D :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Let's kill all the scumbags to make room for hot eastern european wimminz.
    Yo, someone might argue that mass extermination of a class of people is a scum-bagish thing to do.

Start the executions by offing yourself, tia. :)

gurramok wrote: »
    He'd need at least 1 kid to qualify for €1000 or 2 kids for €1200 and must be in Dublin.
    See attached

Exactly, I know plenty of people have bother with the limits with rents being so high. Something doesn't add up with the story.
    gurramok wrote:
    Funny thing regarding the immigration debate. We had Gordon Brown stating 'British jobs for British workers'
    Does that mean he is an xenophobic racist? :D :cool:

You have a link or was he just selectively quoted?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You have a link or was he just selectively quoted?

Here, it was all over the news especially with the wildcat strikes at the refineries.(that story here about foreign workers andf British jobs http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jan/30/tradeunions-recession)

Brown slogan here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7860593.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7097837.stm
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5622358.ece

Exactly, I know plenty of people have bother with the limits with rents being so high. Something doesn't add up with the story.

Its possible. All it takes is for a single mother with kids to get the full amount of lets say €1,200, then sell the rent to fellow nationals who would move in with her and she can then live rent-free whilst been able to afford a freebie life.

This can be applied to both native and foreign screwing of the system.

gurramok wrote: »

YEP, Selective reporting, he wasn't PM then, he was appealing to the lowest common denominator.

What gives these views real purchase is that Gordon Brown, when chancellor in 2007, promised "British job for British workers" and, judging by the strikers' placards, they have not forgotten this. Indeed, the slogan has come back to haunt No10:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

I am really sick of these immigrant bashing threads, gone those days there where thread headings used to be...

“Polish/Eastern European Woman appreciation thread (page 3000)”,
    “I used to drink 555 yoyo on weekends, Am I cool?”,
    “Jezz! These polish chicks are Hot, cant stop drooling”,
    “Seriously, Why would any body uses normal water then mineral water in engine radiator”,
    “I bought my jeans for 700 yoyo, Yes I am ultra cool then you!?”,
    “My communion helicopter ride blog 2006 @ bebo”
    “I have ordered fag box from my local Chinese I am ultra ice cool then any body”
    “German Ambassador to Ireland is eejit, he is just jealous of our wealth”

apart from sarcasm, I already raised the same question to other similar thread, we all forget about “Landlord” from the equation just think about them, whose going to buy another holiday home, whose going buy them another 4x4. Think of landlors are also humans just like us, already falling housing prices, rents and gloom the only “Celtic tiger” jeans left is in “Landlords” if you dont allow immigrants take sub-standard accommodation, govt. has bail them out as well from your money.

And the “gyms”

So...

blame on “Something” else..

On a serious note,
    Despite warnings from eminent economic commentators, Our self indulged in credit binge if some thing wrong with our finances that's just us to blame not the rest of world. I dont even blame politicians or any body. Its just us got into this mess!! :confused:

God almighty! Please give us one more boom this time we will careful this time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

MySelf56 wrote: »
    apart from sarcasm, I already raised the same question to other similar thread, we all forget about “Landlord” from the equation just think about them, whose going to buy another holiday home, whose going buy them another 4x4. Think of landlors are also humans just like us, already falling housing prices, rents and gloom the only “Celtic tiger” jeans left is in “Landlords” if you dont allow immigrants take sub-standard accommodation, govt. has bail them out as well from your money.

Are you saying, people who invested in houses are to blame? All landlords drive big jeeps? They have one or more holiday homes?

Also, your wording is unbelievable. Mispelling is fine, but it's almost impossible to understand what you are talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

I am quite well aware of the fact, I did “terrible generalisation” of landlords, so as other posters immigrants, who have no clue about immigrants and social welfare system. So be it.

Are you saying, people who invested in houses are to blame?

Thats another days work, lets not get into argument about of property investment and in process hijack the thread entirely.
    All landlords drive big jeeps?
    Does all PPS number guarantees dole pay?
    PS:Two of my previous landlords has lovely shiny 4x4 though
    They have one or more holiday homes?
    Does all PPS number holders are eligible for work?
    Ex:- If you are in dependent spouse visa you cant legally work in ireland,
    non-EU immigrant dependent spouse need pps number for the tax purpose.
    Also, your wording is unbelievable. Mispelling is fine, but it's almost impossible to understand what you are talking about...
    Whatever..

What about Gyms?

What would I get if I went to the US? .

But we aren't talking about what you get, or what you'd get in the US. We're talking about what you stated, which I'll put here below.
    See the problem with these "misconceptions" is when they are coming from and being openly laughed about by the "asylum seekers". One of the lads I work with (I know him all my life, we are related through marriage, so not just some guy I met in work) has a house thats rented to one such woman, through the social welfare. She has no issue with claiming the €1150 a month rent as well as whatever other "income" she can get. She was only too proud to announce to him last month that she got her new car and he has to come outside to have a look (08 Mazda 5).

You're talking about "asylum seekers". Asylum seekers don't get rent allowance. They get 20 euro a week. Therefore something is entirely wrong with your story.
    I can get you the adress of the house if you want to go ask.

Why don't you do something much easier, like link to the relevant Government department, showing where asylum seekers are entitled to rent allowance.

BTW I never said the current tennant got a free car I said she got a newcar, yet is getting €1150 a month for free. Why can someone who needs help off the government to put a roof over their head afford a €25k car?.

Well for starters, if they are an asylum seeker, they aren't getting 1150 a month for free.
    The previous tennant spoke openly about beign given the car and laughed about the system that gave him so much. ?.

Yet you can't show where the system details that entitlement, or source any documentation on it whatoever. Why is that?
    I never said she was still an asylum seeker.?.

So you're changing your tune now?
    No.

So I say he got a free car, I made it up?

He says he got a free car, I made it up? How does that work?

The only other explanation is he's a liar. I cant legislate for his lies.I can only go by what he says.

Here's the thing - I hear a lot. I hear how 'the blacks r robbin owr jabs', I hear how the Jews have all the money and run the world, 'Barack iz a muzlim' and how all wimmin are thick as shyte. But I say 'bollocks' and don't go round repeating that nonsense as truth.

Why is it that no one can produce proof of this story?
    OUR problem is what foreign people do here to abuse our systemand our money.

Jaysus forbid that we tackle the abuses of the system by Irish people. I mean, what kind of lunacy would that be.....Sure bankers would be held accountable, millionaires wouldn't be able to exploit tax loopholes, politicians would jailed.....

• Advertisement

As Nodin has already pointed out, asylum seekers don’t get rent allowance:
    Your accommodation is full board, which includes bed, breakfast, lunch, and evening meal.

Each adult will receive a personal allowance of €19.10 per week and €9.60 for each child.

You may be entitled to assistance towards clothing when you arrive and to other exceptional needs from time to time. Your Community Welfare Officer will advise you on this.

You will not be entitled to Rent Supplement as your accommodation is paid for.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/moving-country/asylum-seekers-and-refugees/services-for-asylum-seekers-in-ireland/direct_provision

You have also suggested that this woman may be a liar? I presume that means that you suspect she is guilty of fraud? Have you reported her to the relevant authorities?
    BTW I never said the current tennant got a free car…
    No, but you said the previous tenant did. So please do tell, where do we all get our free cars? I’m guessing you can’t, so either the lad you work with is talking out of his behind, or else his tenant was.
    …I said she got a newcar, yet is getting €1150 a month for free. Why can someone who needs help off the government to put a roof over their head afford a €25k car?
    I don’t know, but once again, I suggest you report her if you suspect she is guilty of fraud.
    I never said she was still an asylum seeker.
    Yes you did:
    See the problem with these "misconceptions" is when they are coming from and being openly laughed about by the "asylum seekers". One of the lads I work with (I know him all my life, we are related through marriage, so not just some guy I met in work) has a house thats rented to one such woman…
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58944952&postcount=298

In other words, a lad you know is currently renting a house to an asylum seeker.

So now you’re saying she’s not an asylum seeker? So what is her legal status then? You don’t know, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

There are jobs. Irish people are just too stuck up to take menial work. They'd rather sponge off the Dole and watch Ricki Lake than clean toliets.
    I totally agree with you, irish people like to have easy jobs, easy money. It's time to get your ass moving and working.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Complain, complain and complain, thats what some irish people like to do.
    I would really like that all foreigners go home one day and i would be laughing to see who is going to be in spar on a sunday morning serving you, who will be working in the hospital at 5 am to look after your mother, who will pack your bananas at keelings, who will stay late at night to serve you your precious pint, who will clean the dishes, who will make your coffee, who will serve you in the shopping centre... there are more like that.

I work with irish people and every time there are excuses from them, they are sick, there babies are sick, they are late, they can't work week ends, they often absent on a monday morning. So where are we going?

I was in dunnes stores at the deli, it took an irish guy 15 mins to make a chicken baguette for me and everybody in the queue was complaining. My delivery man delivers me six medium boxes and he had it on a trolley, when he arrives he said " am so tired"...

So what jobs can irish people do?

I book a taxi for two consecutives days from a taxi company, i told the lady one day it will be 4.45am and the other day 5.40am. I asked her to repeat to confirm and she said one day is less by 5 mins. and when i told her no its not, one day is 1 hour late. She got angry. So if you can't take a booking what type of jobs can you do.

Well i have friends who are asked to go to work on their days off and do overtime because their fellow irish colleagues are sick. So dnt come and say that foreigners are taking our jobs. Other countries could say the same to us where lots of irish people are nowadays, especially in America.

Also let me tell you that foreigners pay to stay in this country, especially the non-eu. They dnt depend on the irish government at all. First they pay 150 euros to get registered and now they pay a levy fee on their wages, why, well for the benefit of those who are on dole..

So stop complaining when you don't know what you are talking about...:mad:

• She was a Roma. From Romania. Ergo, a Romanian citizen presumably. Romanians who come here on work permits are, AFAIK, not entitled to social housing. Why does it appear to be different for unemployed Roma?

It was pointed out to you that Roma and Romanians are NOT the same thing. Most Romanians are not Roma and many Roma are not Romanian. I don't know why Irish people can't grasp this. There are loads of Roma with Italian and other nationalities. It's an ethnic group, not a nationality ffs!

I actually don't know who you're referring to. Link?
    No response, eh? I'm guessing the girl you were referring to is Mariora Rostas? Who was living in a derelict house in Donabate? She was not living in social housing, as you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

There are jobs. Irish people are just too stuck up to take menial work. They'd rather sponge off the Dole and watch Ricki Lake than clean toliets.

Honestly can you blame them? It'd be better to move towards a world where jobs like that are more and more automated, or at least better paid. It's not surprising people aren't happy taking minimum wage for scrubbing **** off the floor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement