Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

x box not picking up wireless controllers signal

• 04-02-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I bought an xbox in smyths on 16th Dec last and was working fine until recently. It is not picking up the signal from the controllers. Definitely not the controller though as tried others and its the same. Will I bring it back to smyths or do what it says on the manual and get microsoft to take care of it??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sounds like you just need to resync it. Press the sync button on the top of the controller (small white one) at the same time as the sync button on the 360 console (eh forgot where this is, on the front might be secretted away under a flap of plastic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Yeah did that and the green ring on the controller just goes round and round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

foxy06 wrote: »
    Yeah did that and the green ring on the controller just goes round and round.

actually mine has been doing similar the last couple of days. it is eventually picking them (after a minute or so) up but i'm having to sync them a couple of times a day over the last few days

my xbox is a fair bit older though, about 2 years older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

only had to sync it the first day and it wont pick it up at all now. Have tried several times and waited but nothing. I know I am not doing anything wrong because a few friends have had a look that have xboxes and cant understand it either.

Has anyone rang microsoft about theirs or should I go back to Smiths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If you still have the receipt, try bringing it back to Smyths. Tell them its faulty, and they should replace it.
    If not call MS, they might tell you whats wrong, or send you out a new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement