Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want a good value BMW

Options
  • 04-02-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Looking to buy a second hand BMW 1 Series , coupe if possible. Does anyone know when it was first available? Does anyone have any thoughts on the car? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

Got a 2008 118d es 3 door last july for around 20500e reckon this can be done for 18k now. road tax 104E

As for the coupe the 120d se should be your for 23-24k cleared with road tax 0f 154e. The coupe was released in 2007

This is our 2nd 1 series clocking up nearly 65k miles with no problems on either.
    The facelift 118d gives 60mpg if you try. Fun to drive but a bit of a hand full in the snow during the week.

I like it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

frag4 wrote: »
    Got a 2008 118d es 3 door last july for around 20500e reckon this can be done for 18k now. road tax 104E

As for the coupe the 120d se should be your for 23-24k cleared with road tax 0f 154e. The coupe was released in 2007

This is our 2nd 1 series clocking up nearly 65k miles with no problems on either.
    The facelift 118d gives 60mpg if you try. Fun to drive but a bit of a hand full in the snow during the week.

I like it..

Hiya, did you buy that in UK or Ireland. I wanna downsize and it looks nice. They are bringing out a new 116d, not sure if you are gonna get it over there though.

It was a jan 2008 3 door 118d es with no exrtas and was imported from the UK when it was six months olds.
    Just had its first service at 18k miles which cost 300e , they charged 40e for new wipers!!.

It was a jan 2008 3 door 118d es with no exrtas and was imported from the UK when it was six months olds.

Clever
    Would love that feeling of paying the f*ckers 104 a year for tax INSTEAD OF €634 for an 07 318d.

Its almost worth buying an 08.
    Just had its first service at 18k miles which cost 300e , they charged 40e for new wipers!!.

300 quid, what did they do for that.

oil filter, oil, mirco-fliter?, washer fuild, wipers and labour.

When the pads and discs need doing I'll do them myself reckon I could them for just under half of what a BMW dealer would charge.

Oh they also washed the car.
    and the girl behind the desk was really pretty

• Advertisement

oil filter, oil, mirco-fliter?, washer fuild, wipers and labour.

40 mins labour max for a slow guy!

Just serviced mine for €120 inc parts, air, oil, and fuel filter, tyres rebalanced and rotated, and 7 litres oil.

They didn't wash it though
    When the pads and discs need doing I'll do them myself reckon I could them for just under half of what a BMW dealer would charge.

You should be getting 100,000km + out of those anyway
    and the girl behind the desk was really pretty

Cool, great profit margin, spend 30 mins washing your car and I bet that time is included in the labour charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Don't let a BMW dealer wash your car. I have seen them using a brush to wash the bodywork (which is probably filthy)- this will destroy the paint on your car!

Whenever my car is in for service, I specifically ask them not to wash it.

conlonbmw wrote: »
    40 mins labour max for a slow guy!

Just serviced mine for €120 inc parts, air, oil, and fuel filter, tyres rebalanced and rotated, and 7 litres oil.

They didn't wash it though

You should be getting 100,000km + out of those anyway

Cool, great profit margin, spend 30 mins washing your car and I bet that time is included in the labour charge.

Where did you get your car serviced for €120? Were they genuine BMW parts used?

And, I don't think you would get 100,000km out of brake pads/discs tbh.

Advertisement