Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare in galway

Options
  • 04-02-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have just been offered a job today starting on 16th February. WIth the current economic climate and my lack of funds etc etc etc, I said yes and now have to sort out childcare in Galway. Does anyone know any childcare creches which could take a child with such short notice..........very stuck and in a bit of a pickle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm a childminder in another county, originally from Galway.

Due to the recession with people losing their jobs a lot of creches and childminders are ending up with vacancies, some are finding it difficult to fill these vacancies so you should have a good chance of securing a place quite quickly.

If you can get a recommendation that would be great but if not I recommend you contact the Childminding Advisor at your local City or County Childcare Committee who'll be able to supply you with a list of creches and childminders in your area.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

There are a lot of creches struggling at the moment due to people losing jobs and taking their children out of childcare.

You should contact the Galway CCC and will be able to help you.

Galway County Childcare Committee

Address: 9B Liosban Retail Centre,Tuam Road, Galway

Tel: 091 752039
    Fax: 091 735 701
    Email: mail@galwaychildcare.com
    Web: www.galwaychildcare.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I use a great creche, its out in Oranmore though. I dont know if thats too far. Its called "fairy land creche" The prices are very reasonable and they are very friendly.... all the staff knows every childs name, dont know how they do it, even the ones that dont teach my little fella. They have a fantastic out door play area too. Only thing is they either do full time or part time 5 days a week only. They will take 2/3 days a week but you will pay for the 5 days. Part time hours are up until 2pm and cost 110 euros p/w. Dont know how early they start but there always seem to be early arrivals (8am) when I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oranmoregal

I use Fairyland as well (have done for both kids), have always found the staff great, the owners Maria & Charles are fantastic, all very professional and such a well run creche. Can't praise them highly enough.

Advertisement