Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emo music

Options
  • 04-02-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Will someone please explain to me to attraction of this.....genre.....of music.
    I want an actual answer. Its really easy to mock (which i love doing :D) but please give someone a chance to answer properly before coming out from under a bridge.
    Thanking you in advance, unless you're an asshole, in which case i'm sorry to say, you know what, no thanks for you!
    :pac: nom nom nom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It appeals to people...just like satanic metal appeals to others, hardcore trance to some more and gangster rap to another group. Some people can listen to the lyrics and find meaning in them.

Sure, some songs could be whingy but if the backing music sounded slightly different or the words were sung in a different way, suddenly the band could be a whole new genre. And a lot of bands are often just lumped into a category for convenience.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Will someone please explain to me to attraction of this.....genre.....of music.
    I want an actual answer. Its really easy to mock (which i love doing :D) but please give someone a chance to answer properly before coming out from under a bridge.
    Thanking you in advance, unless you're an asshole, in which case i'm sorry to say, you know what, no thanks for you!
    :pac: nom nom nom

I think the idea behind what is called "emo" (emotional) now is that it appears to have some sort of real sentement that the people who listen to "it" connect with. That the lyrics and/or music have emotional attachment that the listener sympathises with and hangs on to .

To be honest I think it's a rubbish label and any band(s) using it to describe themselves should pi@@ off. There's been emotion in songs for decades without there ever having been a need to define a specific genre or sub-genre.
    Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
    The Who - Who by Numbers
    Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
    Neil Young - ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

In all fairness genre's are for amazon and record stores to group their albums in - if you like an artist or band you don't really care what genre they "belong" to

Advertisement