Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on in Bray earlier

Options
  • 04-02-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

There was a large garda presence in the main street and heading up the Killarney Road. Anyone know what was going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Accident on Herbert Road. The road was closed for the best part of 2 hours.

When I got home (back down H road and up by Hills Garage, down Killarney Rd & into estate) I looked out the side as I live beside Ardmore Studios, a dublin bus, ambulance and guards there. On lookers said a Spanish Student was knocked down.

So no cars were allowed up or down Herbert Road, backed out onto the N11 when I had turned around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sounds bad if there was a bus involved and someone was knocked down:(

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

It was a Spanish student, I'd say maybe 10 years old or so. He stepped out into the road without realising a bus was coming, a terrible accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Yea one of the Spanish kids from Brook house stepped out in front of the bus. Heard its not looking good... Sure the garda etc were taking photo's and measurements etc which aint a good sign.. Heart goes out to the family and also the bus driver who is from Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

kateos2 wrote: »
    he's a 12 year student alright. his friends were messing and pushing each other and he fell in front of the bus. apparently his head broke the windscreen of the bus.
    he's in intensive care and i heard is very seriously injured.
    the driver (a friend of a friends uncle) was also admitted to hospital for shock and is still there as far as i know. horrible accident.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just wanted to clear something up. I witnessed the accident and there was no pushing or shoving, the young boy ran out into the road by himself. Just wouldn't want any nasty rumours doing the rounds, I'm sure his friends that were with him found it tough enough. (this isn't meant to sound like I'm attacking you kateos2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

no problem im sure it was pretty bad witnessing it yourself, i was just saying what i had heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conchi

Hi. I am writting from Spain, so my english may be not perfect. I would like to have more information on the bus acciden happen on Feb. 4th.

Do you have any news??? How the boys is, what really happe?.

Thank you
    kateos2 wrote: »
    his friends were messing and pushing each other and he fell in front of the bus. quote]

nasty accident, but one i feel shouldn't of happened.. I mean who pushes each other on the side of the road..????

Hopefully learnt their lesson and that the young chap will be o.k..

Advertisement