Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Timestamp Wrong

• 04-02-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I just upgraded to LGU990, since i did my texts from USA are all coming in with the wrong timestamp...3 hours behind!!!

I know its not a huge deal but its really really really annoying!!! Contacted 3 and they said theres nothing they can do its the senders fault!? Have reset to factory and turned auto update on and off and made sure im in the right timezone...

Please please please someone has to have a solution!!!???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Locate and destroy Skynet.They are responsible for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I just upgraded to LGU990, since i did my texts from USA are all coming in with the wrong timestamp...3 hours behind!!!

I know its not a huge deal but its really really really annoying!!! Contacted 3 and they said theres nothing they can do its the senders fault!? Have reset to factory and turned auto update on and off and made sure im in the right timezone...

Please please please someone has to have a solution!!!???

IN my experience, phone time stamp incoming text messages in one of two ways, the current time of the receipient, or the current time of the sender, but a 3 hour offset with weird, the USA would be 4 to 9 hours behind Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Most S40 Nokia phones will display the time of the originator country since this is the time that is set in the SMS message centre.

Advertisement