Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good advice needed

• 04-02-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey i need some advice

My best friends sister lost her job 2 months ago so she went on the dole. Now she has just got a job in the middle east and is off next month.
    My friend who is a student and looks very similar to her sister is planning to draw the dole instead of her. She will get away with it too but im very worried about it.
    I know the two tax systems in Ireland and the middle east are totally different but i keep on telling her she will get caught sooner or later if she does it but she keeps telling me there is no way she will get caught. She says if foreigners come here and take the piss why should she not do it when she has the chance.
    Where can i get some info or advice that will show her in black and white that she will get done for it.

Any advice would be welcome
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

:eek:

Thats fraud, no other way to put it.

Not only is she being stupid, but when the sister returns from abroad there could be all kinds of complications for both of them.

Besides, this will effectively mean that your friend is off the radar for PRSI, job seeking etc. Somewhere along the line she will have to account for her time, as will the sister who was actually working. Both of them could end up in a lot of trouble.

It all sounds very complicated, why can't she just apply for it herself :confused:
    Just lazy??

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Press/PressReleases/2009/Pages/pr210109.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 luvedup

that is way too risky, she could get her and her sister into real trouble, is she that hard up? if you can't change her mind all you can do is tell her to be very careful and to not tell anyone she is doing it even close friends or family these things have ways of getting around, maybe if u talked to her sister she might see sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

My advice: find some new friends, the current one sounds pretty stupid, you can do better.

(You asked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

grainne2 wrote: »
    My friend who is a student and looks very similar to her sister is planning to draw the dole instead of her. She will get away with it too but im very worried about it.

She will actually not get away with it. Your friend will be asked to repay every cent that she claimed under false pretences and her sister will likely be brought up on fraud charges.
    grainne2 wrote: »
    She says if foreigners come here and take the piss why should she not do it when she has the chance.

Well, she may mean that rhetorically but I'll tell you the answer anyway. Foreigners may be taking the piss but they are either taking the piss legally in regards to what they are entitled to or they are also prosceuted and asked to repay.

Advertisement