Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were does the tv bracked screw into?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭blackbox

You'd want to screw it into a joist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

you would need to screw it to a ceiling joist, the timber beams that hold up the ceiling, if in an appartment ye might have to cut a hole in the plasterboard and fix to the concrete above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You might be lucky and the 4 mounting holes might align with 2 ceiling joists.... otherwise you'll have to go into the attic and put a cross piece between 2 joists and bolt / screw into that...

Probably over kill, but you could get a lenght of M8 threaded bar, cut 4 long bolts from it, and make up a cross piece of timber, which sits on top of the joists above. Or if its the first floor, make up a cross piece which fits between the joists and secure in place....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I would respectfully/politely advise that if you dont know then you should either get someone in, or get advice from someone who is "handy".

You dont want a TV falling from the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

GreeBo wrote: »
    I would respectfully/politely advise that if you dont know then you should either get someone in, or get advice from someone who is "handy".

You dont want a TV falling from the roof.

Yea , Im not doing it myself , If I just had to screw it into the ceiling then I would have but since Thats not the case Ill get someone from the phone book or something

Advertisement