Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphoneworld.com - Crap Service

Options
  • 04-02-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I ordered some headphones off www.headphoneworld.com which is part of the World Stores group last Thursday and got a confirmation email. I had researched them beforehand and they seemed reputable. Shortly after I got an email asking me to send documentation to confirm address as there was some issue with the CC address.

I double checked and found that the Credit Card address and shipping address I gave matched letter for letter. Nevertheless I sent them the info they wanted on Sunday. I immediately got an automatic acknowledgment saying they expected they would reply to confirm within 24 hours.

The next evening I had no reply so sent an enquiry and got an automatic acknowledgment. Same thing on Tuesday. Today I sent an email to the Headphoneworld customer service address and the world stores email address complaining about the service and advising them to ship the order today or refund and cancel my order. I also mentioned if I heard nothing by 5pm today I would initiate chargeback proceedings.

Anyway, unsurprisingly there was no reply. I don't know what to do. I have found headphones in Tower Records for double the price but at this stage I'd rather just have them. My card has been charged and I hear chargebacks can take up to 60 days.

Any advice on how to proceed? Has anyone dealt with them before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I also mentioned if I heard nothing by 5pm today I would initiate chargeback proceedings.

Why not follow up with what you stated you would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

As I said, if you read the post, chargebacks can take up to 60 days to process. I'd rather not be left in limbo for 2 months if there is another way to resolve this sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Just thought I'd let you all know the headphones arrived today, well over a month after I ordered them. Eventually got very token, non-specific replies to my specific queries and I stopped emailing them. Got a few automated emails about delivery dates, most of which were not met.

I can't say I'd recommend dealing with these people again.

Advertisement