Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets watching TV.

Options
  • 04-02-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Our three month old puppy loves the new Cadbury's ad with the eyebrow-wiggling children.

Once it starts, she moves from where ever she is in the room and puts her nose right up to the telly.

It's really cute.

Is there anything on telly that grabs your pet's attention?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was watching the David Attenborough collection on birds the other week and the cats were as good as jumping at the screen. I have never seen them so interested in anything!

Also when my uncles 20 year old Jack Russell sees the zoo programme my uncle watches, he barks at certain animals constantly, but it is always certain animals, eg the zebras and the giraffes but never the lions or cheetahs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I have a super nintendo and my cat Jess chases Mario accross the screen. Very funny!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Both my cat and dog love the tv. Cat will sit up and watch any big cats on the screen. He also enjoys those "not available in the shops" cd ads where the discs spin on the screen. He tries to touch them. :)
    Dog will react to pretty much anything on screen, from strange sounds to other dogs. If she sees a dog on tv she runs around the back of the tv like she's looking for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labhaoise

My fox terrier is obsessed with the tv, if any ad comes on with any type of creature at all, or any person she does not like the look of she will run at top speed for the tv amn growl and lick the screen!! about 1 time out of 5 she will actually turn off the tv with the force of her impact! Visitors think its the cutest thing ever but its very annoying for us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Miss Minnie

Hey, I love this thread!
    My old pom is a little deaf and confused these days, think its doggy altzeihmers (how do ya spell that!!) so doesn't react to tv anymore.
    Anyway, certain sound pitches used to make him howl like a wolf.

On tv the thing that set him off was the angulus! It was so funny, the angulus bells would start tolling and he'd throw his head back and howl as loud as he could for the entire angulus, then look really confused after like he wasn't sure what just happened! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Labhaoise

Hey, I love this thread!
    My old pom is a little deaf and confused these days, think its doggy altzeihmers (how do ya spell that!!) so doesn't react to tv anymore.
    Anyway, certain sound pitches used to make him howl like a wolf.

On tv the thing that set him off was the angulus! It was so funny, the angulus bells would start tolling and he'd throw his head back and howl as loud as he could for the entire angulus, then look really confused after like he wasn't sure what just happened! :D
    My aunt has a weirmaraner and she howls like that if you sing in a high pitch at her but what really gets her howling is Coronation Street theme tune!!
    So so funny!!
    I think its the frequency they hear something we definitely cant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

my collie pup has taken to barking at some of the wildlife programs,she doesnt like bears,horses and cattle.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My dog Zeus seems to be fascinated by any young animals on television. Doesn't seem to matter if it is puppy, kitten, or elephant. I wonder if I am seeing patterns that aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

My elder dog runs to the front door every time the doorbell rings in one of the Silet Bang ads - if she ever comes back with Barry Scot in tow we're going to have issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

My bird answers any phone that rings on tv with "Hello?". He mostly reacts to any sorts of whistles or high pitched tones. He doesn't really watch the tv though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

My dog doesn't really watch tv but if a certain sound comes on such as say the sound of a bomb countdown, a faint drum beating or a cat miaowing his head and ears will raise up and his head will kind of tilt from side to side as he tries to work out what it is and where it's coming from. It is so funny watching him when he goes to investigate and sniff around the tv trying to work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Is it true that Siamese cats take a fancy to watching TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

I had one Siamese used to be riveted to the David Attenborough bird programmes; way back in the days we had TV.

When she could not catch them on the screen, she used to go round the back of the TV and try to get in....

Siamese are highly intelligent.

One of our present ( moggie) cats gets transfixed by the swiriling shapes on the Wndows media site display... Round and round her head goes..

Is it true that Siamese cats take a fancy to watching TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Meercat Manor was a big hit with my kitties! :D Guess they like looking at their crazy cousins.

They also love horse racing. LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Labhaoise wrote: »
    My aunt has a weirmaraner and she howls like that if you sing in a high pitch at her but what really gets her howling is Coronation Street theme tune!!
    So so funny!!
    I think its the frequency they hear something we definitely cant!!

Haha my first Westie did this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

our pup Oliver loves Animal park, he'll lie down beside us and look up at the tv
    I had a cat as a child that loved snooker and would chase the balls around the tv, while sitting on top of it. Every time one went into a pocket she would jump down and wait for it to come out of the tv.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Ah glad to see my dogs not the only one who does this! Thought she was a bit crazy staring at the screen esp when theres other animals on it!

Also whenever shes stiing beside me and im on the laptop her eyes start spiining around following the cursor around the screen!
    Wish my eyesight was so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

MsFifers wrote: »
    Meercat Manor was a big hit with my kitties! :D Guess they like looking at their crazy cousins.

They also love horse racing. LOL!

One of my cats also loves horses on At the Races – but only when they are being paraded around before the race. He doesn’t seem too interested when they are actually racing.

A few people on horses passed our house a few weeks ago and he spotted them. He was glued to the window for ages afterwards. He’s a very big cat so I think he was a bit put out by their size!! :eek:

Advertisement