Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you think UFC 93 was so successful on Pay Per View

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

it doesnt matter who the judges are Bis was in England and he is english hence A hometown call

So you'd consider Chuck's win over Wanderlei a hometown call? Or Henderson over Palhares?

A "hometown call" implies to me that there was some bias in the judging in some sort of effort to appease the local fans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I think UFC 93 was successful in America cause people like to see real MMA fights and not everyone gets semi-legal streams that dont work all the time.
    Just my opinion on the matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think UFC 93 was successful in America cause people like to see real MMA fights and not everyone gets semi-legal streams that dont work all the time.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

So why have previous UK events done bad on PPV? Fans didn't mind watching streams back then?

Fozzy wrote: »
    So why have previous UK events done bad on PPV? Fans didn't mind watching streams back then?

Also were the UK shows fake or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

A "hometown call" implies to me that there was some bias in the judging in some sort of effort to appease the local fans

Wasnt this what happened in the fight? Regardless of the judges nationality, I think the pressure of the local fans was a contributory factor in rewading the decision to bisping. Hamill was robbed anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Testify!

Wasnt this what happened in the fight? Regardless of the judges nationality, I think the pressure of the local fans was a contributory factor in rewading the decision to bisping. Hamill was robbed anyways.

That might be true but the motivating factor to me is that UFC WANTS to create international stars so they can run shows in that fighter's home country and feature them. Tom Egan was meant to be our (he still could be, not fighter bashing here) Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I dont even know what I was saying myself, I was very tired:pac:

Advertisement