Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All by myself...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

even if you dont like footy, you should see a game at the mcg. its an awesome experience, especially if theres a lot of people at a game. melbourne is the greatest city in australia, theres no shortage of things to do! defintely go to dandenongs and phillip island, and mornington. if you want nice food in general melbourne is awesome, if you like italian go to argyle street in carlton ( in the city).

thatsmelbourne.com.au should help too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

man, im so close to having to spend $17 to go to the crappy little one at the square in chch. want aquarium fix.

and i just had a fantabulous idea.

*darts away*

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

katiekins wrote: »
    Hello my lovely boards people.

As I mentioned on another thread, I'm now in Oz (thanks for making me go for it!) and will be arriving in Melbourne for a week on the 13th.

I'm looking for some advice on what to do to fill the time. I've found that keeping myself very busy helps keep the lonelys at bay. Will be staying around the St Kilda area, and plan to do the usual Philip Island, Botanical Gardens, Chapel St shopping stuff, but still have a bit of time to fill in.

Anyone got suggestions on how to waste away a couple of days here and there. Especially if the weather turns bad.

Cheers lads!

All depends what you want to do... I recommend doing a day tour of the 12 Apostles, hiring a bike and riding along St Kilda beach or the Yarra, go for a walk/run along the Tan, going on a boat cruise to Williamstown. I find shopping at Chapel street a bit boring, I prefer Smith street myself, but depends what your style is. If you're interested in going to gigs, check out the Gig guide in Beat magazine http://www.beat.com.au/home.php

Advertisement